Recommend me a good orthopedic mattress.

BlueMoonRisin’

Bought 2 beds in last 2 years, not cheap ones either. First was a memory foam mattress, second is a 2000 pocket sprung mattress.

A niggling dull pain in my lower back is giving me grief so I think i must need an orthopedic mattress.

Anyone have an orthopedic mattress they sleep well on ?

Just find a really fat missus, with big enough feet to use as a headboard.

I got an orthopaedic mattress that is a mixture of pocket springs and latex. Pretty firm, took some getting used to but has done my back the world of good. Made by a firm called Health Beds (not sure which specific model of mattress and haven't got access to it at the moment but it had "Ortho" in the name I think). Had it a couple of years and it is bearing up very well indeed, still just as firm as it was and no signs of sagging or anything. Seems good quality.

Just find a really fat missus, with big enough feet to use as a headboard.
Haha. Bigfoot bought same bed as me. Never had back problems when waking in hers though. Must of been my horizontal bed dancing skills that alleviated the problem; )
I got an orthopaedic mattress that is a mixture of pocket springs and latex. Pretty firm, took some getting used to but has done my back the world of good. Made by a firm called Health Beds (not sure which specific model of mattress and haven't got access to it at the moment but it had "Ortho" in the name I think). Had it a couple of years and it is bearing up very well indeed, still just as firm as it was and no signs of sagging or anything. Seems good quality.
Thanks Fluke. Let me know model when you can ta, I'll look up manufacturer in the meantime.

Got a Tempurpedic bed after not being able to get any sleep on the new pillow top bed we bought due to a sore back.
Sleep like a baby now and no sore back. Getting me to agree to spending the money was like pulling teeth for the wife, but I'm glad that I did.

At first glance I thought this thread was entitled 'Orthopaedic Mistress.'
Can't beat a firm stiff shag.

Bought 2 beds in last 2 years, not cheap ones either. First was a memory foam mattress, second is a 2000 pocket sprung mattress.

A niggling dull pain in my lower back is giving me grief so I think i must need an orthopedic mattress.

Anyone have an orthopedic mattress they sleep well on ?
Don't know if you'll find a magic cure with the mattress mate. Those two are good ones so it sounds like you need to sort your back out. Go and see a good chiropractor or physio, get them to give you some rehab exercises and ask them about mattresses while your there. If you sit at work or drive it might be worth looking at your office/car seat?

Got a Tempurpedic bed after not being able to get any sleep on the new pillow top bed we bought due to a sore back.
Sleep like a baby now and no sore back. Getting me to agree to spending the money was like pulling teeth for the wife, but I'm glad that I did.
Tempurpedic? Hmm, not sure sleeping in a bed made from Japanese batter is a good idea mate, how does the old moose find it?

Don't know if you'll find a magic cure with the mattress mate. Those two are good ones so it sounds like you need to sort your back out. Go and see a good chiropractor or physio, get them to give you some rehab exercises and ask them about mattresses while your there. If you sit at work or drive it might be worth looking at your office/car seat?
Suffered from sciatica in 92 when a withyshaw scrote stabbed a craft knife in to my lower back puncturing my sciatic nerve. Also had a pro lapsed disc when i slipped and jarred my back around 95.

Nowadays I'm lucky as my "office" job is usually a telecoms tower, and climbing these regularly alleviates the pain, especially when I climb, as when I do get back ache i use my arms to climb over(power of) legs and this sorts the pain..

Used to also work on live 440kv(440000v) pylons on the telecoms. Live induced currents(micro shocks) had me more concerned for my safety over any back pain mate. Fortunately, i no longer work on them : )

I'm off work now and the back pain is creeping in.

I think I need a good Turkish/Thai massage right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.