Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

He he, so you think the fans in the rest of Europe are tactically naive. That made me chuckle.
Actually having watched Many matches in Spain I think the atmosphere is better there for 2 reasons.
1 cheaper tickets so working class still go.
2 They actually go to enjoy themselves
rather than here where people go to let off steam and moan after having a shit week at work in miserable weather , traffic etc.

Where did i say they don't take in tactics etc abroad?
What i'm saying is atmospheres are shit all around England, every club has fans complaining about it, we slag every other team of saying it's like a library. Do you think the rest of Europe isn't similar? Barca etc don't sell out every week, their atmosphere is crap most of the time. If people are expecting Turkish style atmospheres in England with flares or Germany with drums their in for disappointment i'm afraid.

Yes tickets could be cheaper, beer could be cheaper and be allowed at your seat, you really think people will be up singing constantly if these changes happened?

Also why do you think working class aren't going? it's the majority of the crowd every week ffs.

For me I would like to see the Family stand spread out, a small family section in each side of the stadium to give it a more balanced profile of fans around the ground.
I take my 2 kids and was forced by price to the Family Stand but there are still plenty of parents in there with some life left in them given the chance.
My kids are always itching to get near the noise and as a parent and an adult I would like to be given the choice of what level of atmosphere we are exposed to.

Nearly all premier league grounds are lacking atmosphere , the game has no resemblance to our Maine Road years , it is now a "product" that attracts people who want to be entertained , no doubt we have our die hard supporters me included who have been supporting the club for more years than i care to remember , but i do think a lot of our older generation supporters from Maine Road have simply been priced out of the working mans game.
We were once considered one of the most loyal bunch of supporters in the country , now we are detested and ridiculed for our empty seats thanks to the Rag PR machine i.e. the media . Unfortunately i work with a few Rags / Dippers who have never attended a game in the Premier league and they are ironically constantly harping on about our poor attendances and empty seats , they just believe what Sky say and the red tops print who never let facts get in the way of a good story.

I'm not being smart but if our team managed to stop fluffing chances and hitting posts then the atmosphere wouldn't be a problem.

Our support have nerves that are shot to hell. Too many games we should coast that we historically fluff our lines or make it a slog to actually score and not concede.

And if Pep wants to blame the atmosphere on someone else, blame Pellers. We had a manager with the charisma of a door who managed to suck the life out of 2 years of this club.

Ultimately, it's the teams job to get the crowd pumped and not the other way round.

so basically you only support the team or sing when we play well ?. how can you blame pellers, under him we absolutely battered teams and the atmosphere was shit for the most part. its the fans job swell to get behind the team. i dont know where this mentality has come from - i.e. only sing if the team play well. we used to sing no matter what.

We were once considered one of the most loyal bunch of supporters in the country , now we are detested and ridiculed for our empty seats thanks to the Rag PR machine i.e. the media .
Weird isn't it? We now get not far off double the crowds we were getting at the point that our support was so highly regarded as being loyal. All we get for that is the piss taken out of us for having shit attendances. Does my fucking head in if I'm honest.

so basically you only support the team or sing when we play well ?. how can you blame pellers, under him we absolutely battered teams and the atmosphere was shit for the most part. its the fans job swell to get behind the team. i dont know where this mentality has come from - i.e. only sing if the team play well. we used to sing no matter what.

Pellers first year the place was rocking. Two years of absolute apathy followed which I put down to a manager coming across as being bored.

Under Mancini we had a swagger and it manifested up into the crowd. Mancini got the fans and the fans got him. You turned up to watch Mancini's City knowing that we weren't a shambles at the back and we could murder anyone going forward.

Like it or not, for all it's benefits, this tiki taka style of play has our crowd absolutely nerve wracked.

I do believe the swagger will come, and the crowd will roar again.

But don't look at the stands wondering why they aren't cheering when Gael Clichy and Bravo are playing every week. We're too busy shitting ourselves to cheer :-)

Why not develop an App where everyone can record their favourite chants on their phone. Then someone in the stadium can select the appropriate chant at the appropriate time, and get it played from their phones, along with everyone elses.

You could record something under say 'Referee' like 'f@%k off you currupt tw@t!' or under 'Bluemoon' your best rendition of the song, or under 'Applause' vigorous clapping (handy in Jan or Feb when you have your gloves on).

PEP: I am so happy here. There are ups and downs but it is a pleasure for me

PEP: This is a fantastic club and team, I’m so proud of what we’ve done, and how we’ve overcome bad moments,

Pellers first year the place was rocking. Two years of absolute apathy followed which I put down to a manager coming across as being bored.

Under Mancini we had a swagger and it manifested up into the crowd. Mancini got the fans and the fans got him. You turned up to watch Mancini's City knowing that we weren't a shambles at the back and we could murder anyone going forward.

Like it or not, for all it's benefits, this tiki taka style of play has our crowd absolutely nerve wracked.

I do believe the swagger will come, and the crowd will roar again.

But don't look at the stands wondering why they aren't cheering when Gael Clichy and Bravo are playing every week. We're too busy shitting ourselves to cheer :-)

it wasnt rocking under pelle, i actually thought it was better under mancini. for the most part though we have played some really good stuff. if we get this style right i.e. games like monaco at home, arsenal at home. its some of the most exciting football I've seen in years. it didn't used to matter who played for us or if we played shit, the fans got behind the team, we weren't busy shitting ourselves. our fans have got lazy imo and have forgotten how to support the team especially when we need support.

we are 2-1 down and aren't playing well. do you just not get behind the team ? surely if we aren't playing well and the players need a lift the fans are the answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.