RedBull Salzburg v City (1700hrs BT sports)

They have definitely both stalled in their development somewhat, I really think Tosin should have gone out on loan for the rest of the season. As it stands he'll be 20 later in the year with barely any first team experience behind him. Latibeaudiere is looking like a better prospect at the moment.

I think Tosin needs proper football now.

Humphreys just doesn't look like a centre back to me full stop & it's not helping Tosin, playing next to him. Perhaps they are expecting him to fill out or something but imo Kean Bryan was a much better player & he's not a cb either.

Humphreys just doesn't look like a centre back to me full stop & it's not helping Tosin, playing next to him. Perhaps they are expecting him to fill out or something but imo Kean Bryan was a much better player & he's not a cb either.
Both these guys seem to have gone back alarmingly over the last 18 months not sure if we will ever see them as first team regulars. Sancho and maybe Brahim are the only 2 players I can see making the grade. I think we need to look at the coaching structure and the allocation of players to teams. Should we not have the same coach for both under 18 and 19 grades given that a large number of the squad are often the same. We looked disjointed and unsure of what we were trying to do last night. Well beaten no point blaming the officials.

Not playing any games at this point is ridiculous imo. People said it'll be better for them to stay and learn under Pep, but then when Gunn is 22 and has played a cup game or two and gets sold people on here will say "Well he's 22 and hasn't played. Clearly not good enough".

i agree i think tosin needs a loan move. he was playing really well, but hes stagnating now imo in the eds/younger teams. he needs to push on and get used to playing at a higher level.

This performance, and particularly the shootout has been bugging me since Wednesday.
Pen 1.. a lob, little run up. Off the inside of the bar.
Pen2...2 yd run up.
Pen 3...1yd run up
Pen4..little run up hardly reached the goal
Pen5...Short run up miles over the bar.

The whole episode showed a complete lack of professionalism. Little energy and no preparation.

The pens were like you might do clowning around , not in their main tournament.

Something drastically wrong whether it is attitude or coaching. Watched it a few times since and the players didn't seem interested. ???.

The longer run up is proved best, and you need to strike the ball with pace.
Unless you are mb.

CONFUSED.

Fair play to this lot.

I thought we let ourselves down vs Red Bull & figured they might get turned over but they deservedly put Barca away today.
They are just a great team. Individually these teams are on a similar level, but the way Salzburg are drilled and coached is something not often seen at this level (if ever, at all).

They are just a great team. Individually these teams are on a similar level, but the way Salzburg are drilled and coached is something not often seen at this level (if ever, at all).

I watched the 2nd half of the final today and Salzburg were top class. One down at half time ( a push not spotted gave a free header) but they dominated the 2nd half and deserved the result. Got a bit twitchy near the end but clearly a very good side

Fair play to this lot.

I thought we let ourselves down vs Red Bull & figured they might get turned over but they deservedly put Barca away today.

The funny thing is that we could very easily have won that game....and now they've gone on to win the thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.