Ian Cheeseman (and his VLOGs)

Yes his mum is from Gelsenkerchin (or however it is spelt)
Never heard the Oldham bit before. I first met Ian on the football specials early 80's, making the ham and cheese butties in the guards van to be sold with cokes and crisps!
Might be bollocks but just what I heard that he started supporting Latics and City was his #2 team.
If so he got it right eventually :)

During another Wembley week thought id just mention my trip down south with Cheesey. In 1981 Ian worked at the Coop bank in M/c with my oldest bro, before he'd started his media work. Ian was involved with the supporters club and was given the job of flogging cokes, crisps, mars bars etc on one of the special trains down to wembley. Sure there was something like 10 special trains laid on, how times have changed.Top lad then as now, and like us all a City fanatic. Me and my 2 older bro's worked our passage down there flogging the crap with him from the caged guards van at the rear of train No6 if i remember rightly. Then did the same again on the Thursday replay. Always remember heading home with a case of 24 coke and a pocket full of mars bars.

Spoke to Ian on Wembley Way & asked when he might return to GMR,he replied 'I can't comment' obviously gagged by the lawyers until resolved,I also suggested he work for the club which brought a knowing smile to his face!

Might be bollocks but just what I heard that he started supporting Latics and City was his #2 team.
If so he got it right eventually :)

Cheesy has done a lot of commentary and media work on Latics, plus he lives within walking distance of the ground. So he's probably got a bit of a soft spot for them and catches the odd game... but he is, and always has been, a fanatical city fan

Spoke to Ian on Wembley Way & asked when he might return to GMR,he replied 'I can't comment' obviously gagged by the lawyers until resolved,I also suggested he work for the club which brought a knowing smile to his face!

This has been asked many times on here BUT what has Cheesy supposed to have done.? -
Has he been 'slagging off' anyone on Radio Manc. or even the almighty BBC.
Answers on a postcard to.......

This has been asked many times on here BUT what has Cheesy supposed to have done.? -
Has he been 'slagging off' anyone on Radio Manc. or even the almighty BBC.
Answers on a postcard to.......

They probably didn't like him doing a video slagging the referee off after the chelsea home game

Stopped listening to Manchester radio's coverage of the away games after he was dropped. He was the only thing that compensated for the intolerable constant breaking off from commentary to update other games. Manchester radio needs to understand that if they are covering a game that's what you do and if they want an updating stream like Sky Sports news you do it on another station/channel.

And an other thing. It's time the local BBC recognised what they owe City. We could have sold out to a commercial competitor years ago like united did. Manchester radio barely gets a sniff of united's games and yet they constantly blow sugar up their backside. City recognise the benefits of making the games available to the local radio station rather than taking a bigger payment but get no recognition of this from the rag ridden nest that is media city. Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.