Joey Barton

Not a fan of his but he's entirely correct to point out how unhealthy the relationship is between football and the gambling industry. In my opinion it's completely unethical that people should be bombarded with gambling advertisements when watching televised sporting events. It's entirely up to an individual whether or not they choose to gamble or not, but we have to accept that it is something that people can become addicted to and it can have devastating consequences for both the addict and their family and therefore I'd rather we saw the advertising of it banned. A lot of the adverts we see encourage impulsive gambling and I think that's pretty dangerous.

Even as an addict, there's plenty of things he could have been gambling on outside of football, so im not sure that side of his argument entirely tallies. That said, im not a gambling addict myself so it's impossible for me to understand someone in that position. Gambling on his own team to lose though is definitely something that can't be excused. Even if he wasn't playing in those matches he could be deemed to have had inside information and influence on the squad, there's no way something like that cant go unpunished.

Classic deflection by him

He's bang on though, not a game goes by without you being bombarded about what odds have been raised as specials etc... to entice someone. The whole concept of the game grabbing as much cash as it can from the bookmaker yet then clamping down on the bets is a bit hypocritical imo.
They should look at getting their own house in order first.

I also hate that line, 'when the fun stops, stop!' It's never fun when you lose and i lose a lot!!

A ban that long suggests he was betting on his own team, or something like that, in which case I'm amazed he's not got a life ban. That's him done though
He was betting on his own team although he claims not to have been part of the squad for the games he bet on. Bet on us to win against Fulham in April 2006 (which we lost of course) and quite a few bets on the Toon when he went there.

He's bang on though, not a game goes by without you being bombarded about what odds have been raised as specials etc... to entice someone. The whole concept of the game grabbing as much cash as it can from the bookmaker yet then clamping down on the bets is a bit hypocritical imo.
They should look at getting their own house in order first.

I also hate that line, 'when the fun stops, stop!' It's never fun when you lose and i lose a lot!!
I think you are right about that but he is doing what he always does when he gets in trouble and blame someone else

Enforced honesty meeesh... he hasn't got an honest bone in his body..

As stated above, we can more than assume he had information pertaining to 'big' player injuries, which would undoubtedly stack the odds in his favour!

I must admit mate,I'm purely an outsider when it comes to personal information about players etc etc,that is why I like to read what yourself and close others say at certain situations,but looking at that list of bets £2's and fivers,i mean hardly doing fortunes in,and also appears he was losing more than he won,a lot like me !!

But we all know his general background,he is what he is,but to be punished so severely for this when countless others have and probably are still doing it now,I think it's quite harsh.

I was only listening to Charlie Dimmock chatting with Boiled Bollock on Talkshite a few week back and he was talking about the betting aspect whilst he was playing,along with a few others in that particular team he was playing in,they were lumping big,but like I say,although they are in a far more privilidged position than most of us,he's been made a bit of a scapegoat here

He was betting on his own team although he claims not to have been part of the squad for the games he bet on. Bet on us to win against Fulham in April 2006 (which we lost of course) and quite a few bets on the Toon when he went there.

No that's not true, he's literally bet on himself to be first goalscorer, so he clearly was part of the squad or thought he was going to be.

I think he's claiming he wasn't in the squad for the games he bet on his team to lose.

Draft statement from D Gill:

"Manchester City, henceforward to be referred to only as FC Pariah, are held responsible for Barton's activities, and are immediately stripped of all honours in their history. Said honours are transferred to the record of the closest Premier League team (edit: secretary, make that senior team, as no other divisions actually count, DG)."

I must admit mate,I'm purely an outsider when it comes to personal information about players etc etc,that is why I like to read what yourself and close others say at certain situations,but looking at that list of bets £2's and fivers,i mean hardly doing fortunes in,and also appears he was losing more than he won,a lot like me !!

But we all know his general background,he is what he is,but to be punished so severely for this when countless others have and probably are still doing it now,I think it's quite harsh.

I was only listening to Charlie Dimmock chatting with Boiled Bollock on Talkshite a few week back and he was talking about the betting aspect whilst he was playing,along with a few others in that particular team he was playing in,they were lumping big,but like I say,although they are in a far more privilidged position than most of us,he's been made a bit of a scapegoat here

The scapegoating is because he was a member of the teams he bet on, regardless if he was suspended/injured.... as someone who' has flirted with betting addiction I have no sympathy, I'd also point towards that in his statement he states that this is his 'only account' has been 'verified' etc etc. Firstly, most 'addicts' have more than one and I would be amazed if he hasn't been pulled on it, secondly, the epos systems employed by bookies contain stored information that legally has to be kept for 75 years, I'd again say it's highly likely that betting patterns have been compared and contrasted, they'll know without concrete proof but enough to say 'fuck you'...

hahahaha 18 month ban hahahahahah good old joey barton making out its not his fault

he's been at it for years and years even man city some dodgy results when you scratch your head and rethink. the only thing is he finds away back into football some how and they talk of this good player over the years so its not a gamble to sign him. but can you name a club joey barton been at where the football talked and not the person

always remember that c*nt Willie McKay saying joey barton is bigger than manchester city and joey wanted a bigger better contract or he would not play and just think back then we was on our knees with nothing to piss in and joey wanted that little bit more the greedy get the chances we give to joey and then he comes out with that am bigger than the club what a loon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.