EDS future opportunities and progression?

I have maintained all along that the Academy is a sustainable business model in its own right. Despite all the talk the provision of talent good enough to win league titles and CL's is merely secondary.
I see it the other way around myself. Surely not paying £50 million a pop for a lad who can attain Sterling/Aquero/Silva levels is the aim with the income from those who don't quite make it with us being a sizeable bonus?

Is it not a sign that actually in England strength and power out does small and nimble

Somewhat true but Silva still spins players regularly. Hazard, the same. However, those small and nimble players would have to be very good.

Somewhat true but Silva still spins players regularly. Hazard, the same. However, those small and nimble players would have to be very good.

Exactly those two are exceptional. Clearly these kids are good but not at that level and have been blown away but the sheer size and power of a monster young Chelsea squad

Exactly those two are exceptional. Clearly these kids are good but not at that level and have been blown away but the sheer size and power of a monster young Chelsea squad

The Chelsea kids would blow away a lot of their peers. They are physically strong. Best group of players at youth level for years now. Hopefully, the small lads at City have what it takes to get to the exceptional stage

The Chelsea kids would blow away a lot of their peers. They are physically strong. Best group of players at youth level for years now. Hopefully, the small lads at City have what it takes to get to the exceptional stage

That's what I'm saying. Is that a better way to go recruiting these physical players

That's what I'm saying. Is that a better way to go recruiting these physical players

Well it has to be balanced. You never know if someone's physique turns out how you'd expect. it's a tough one. I don't think recruitment is hinged on the aspect of physicality. Some lads are late bloomers, other are not. I wouldn't like to have the job of scouting

No. Their physicality is only of benefit at youth football when they are essentially grown men against less developed boys. England do much better at youth international level than senior because the country fast tracks quick, strong players who can dominate smaller opposition. They lose all of this advantage at senior level.

That said, Chelsea's players were far from unskilled - looked like they had a bunch of Yaya Toure's playing for them.

No. Their physicality is only of benefit at youth football when they are essentially grown men against less developed boys. England do much better at youth international level than senior because the country fast tracks quick, strong players who can dominate smaller opposition. They lose all of this advantage at senior level.

That said, Chelsea's players were far from unskilled - looked like they had a bunch of Yaya Toure's playing for them.

I disagree with you there, I think in times gone by that can certainly be labeled at the England youth teams but not so much these days. If you watch the U17's in the Euro finals this Summer and if you think there are just about being quick, strong so they can dominate smaller opposition I will be surprised. These kids are very skillful players and technically very good.

I disagree with you there, I think in times gone by that can certainly be labeled at the England youth teams but not so much these days. If you watch the U17's in the Euro finals this Summer and if you think there are just about being quick, strong so they can dominate smaller opposition I will be surprised. These kids are very skillful players and technically very good.

Agreed. Everything I've seen of the current England teams shows actual proper footballers. Some of them may be big and fast too, but there's plenty more to them than that.

A young Hazard and a young Silva could have struggled in exactly the same way tbh and probably would have. Silva wouldn't have faced anything like that in Spain at 17.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.