Claudio Bravo - 2016/2017 performances (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please tell me why there is so much animosity to the guy?

I don't like to see on these threads the narrative accepted as fact or truth that the guy is incompetent. I saw Garry Neville peddling this bullshit on skysports after the derby.

Bravo maybe having a bad season, and there maybe a number of reasons for this but how do you know it's permanent?

Seemed like a great signing at the time, and I've not given up hope he can still be but I'm shocked at all the abuse he gets. Are players never allowed to struggle at any point in their career's?

Any club in the world would have thought they were signing a top class keeper in Bravo last summer.

No keeper - maybe Neuer included - had won more as a goalkeeper during his stint at Barcelona, and you are not a bad goalkeeper if you captain a country like Chile to back-to-back Copa America titles.

Unfortunately we signed him at the start of his decline as he entered his twilight era. It could and would have happened to any side that would have signed him.

I must say though, we did him no favours putting him in straight at the deep end away at United after signing him a few weeks into the season. For him to have no pre-season in which to get used to his defence and other teammates did him absolutely no favours, just as it wouldn't any player.

Is this a Clarkie??

OP - he's been fookin dreadful for us this season, that's why he gets ridiculed

Lots of grasses in here. Karen started it then along came BJL to give her a hand.

Let the mods do their jobs guys. No more blue on blue. I doubt he meant it literally

I feel for him a bit. He's clearly not been good for us, but don't think he's as bad as some make out. He's very highly regarded in Chile and Barcelona, and you don't have the career he's had if you're shit. Don't know if its confidence or the culture that he's struggling with, but few could argue it's been a good move. Actually think he'll stay another season as back up to a new keeper, but a return to Spain might be the better option for all concerned.

There's a Bravo thread where all this can be discussed though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.