Kingsley Coman

So Bayern wants 50 million for a player who spent most of the season on the bench !

So Bayern wants 50 million for a player who spent most of the season on the bench !

If Bayern is sane there will never be a transfer. There is a time after Ancelotti - be sure - when we especially need Kimmich and Coman. And I do not think that Ancelotti will survive in Munich until the end of the next season...

Coman is a great young player - he might not be the best goalscorer - but he is both a dribbler and somebody who you can combine with. You need the assistants, too. There was an open training session with a 25 minute match 5vs5 on a small pitch in which you could really see the differences between Costa and Coman. Coman combined himself through the other team together with Müller and Bernat - whereas Costa was trying to beat his man and shoot out of every situation without looking for the best way or having an eye for his teammates.

Saturday he started in Wolfsburg and had a very good match.

In the geriatric department of Ancelotti a Sane would not have gotten much match time either...

If Bayern is sane there will never be a transfer. There is a time after Ancelotti - be sure - when we especially need Kimmich and Coman. And I do not think that Ancelotti will survive in Munich until the end of the next season...

Coman is a great young player - he might not be the best goalscorer - but he is both a dribbler and somebody who you can combine with. You need the assistants, too. There was an open training session with a 25 minute match 5vs5 on a small pitch in which you could really see the differences between Costa and Coman. Coman combined himself through the other team together with Müller and Bernat - whereas Costa was trying to beat his man and shoot out of every situation without looking for the best way or having an eye for his teammates.

Saturday he started in Wolfsburg and had a very good match.

In the geriatric department of Ancelotti a Sane would not have gotten much match time either...

do you think costa would be available for transfer?

If Bayern is sane there will never be a transfer.
Ancelotti's appointment makes one doubt the board's sanity, don't you think so? While it was clear from the start that it's a very risky way to use Pep's legacy. In this light there's still little hope for City ;)
do you think costa would be available for transfer?
IMO Costa isn't good enough for City.

Ancelotti's appointment makes one doubt the board's sanity, don't you think so? While it was clear from the start that it's a very risky way to use Pep's legacy. In this light there's still little hope for City ;)

IMO Costa isn't good enough for City.

If they wanted to go for the last shot for the CL with the old guys and that was the idea...

This was Kalle's choice for coach - next time it hopefully will be Uli again.

Costa is flirting with Liverpool - atleast it seems like this as he is liking posts that link him with Liverpool on social media. But no - I do not think that Costa will be good enough for the starting formation at City either. I think that Sane and Sterling are already a high standard - so they are very young and are bound to have their ups and downs so a player with experience in addition would not be bad as long as there is some rotation. But Costa is not the type who would be of help.

Quotes from Coman:

"I didn't hesitate in relation to Manchester City or the coach, but because of my situation. I'm young, in a time of my life where I need to play. If it wasn't here, if it was difficult, I was ready to think about leaving. I spoke to the president about the club's project, about me, and everything was sorted out. Will I stay at Bayern? Normally, yes. Having said that, you don't know what can happen."

He's a better dribbler in 1-on-1s, and it's a crucial quality for our wing system: when a wide forward recieves diagonal pass and gets 1-on-1 situation, he is often supposed to make a dribbling attempt. Name me a decent fullback who really struggled to contain Sterling this season? Even fat Shaw had him in a pocket. Coman, on the other hand, is very difficult to defend against in such situations due to explosiveness.
And you seem to slightly overrate Raz's positioning, he just benefits from our tactics. Coman's seemed to be as good under Pep. Even Sane would be called a tactically weak flop had he signed for Bayern under Ancelotti.
I reckon Coman's natural shooting ability to be better as well. Though his current scoring stats are meh, so it's difficult to judge now.

This this and this. My problem with Sterling apart from his finishing is his dribbling skills. Any decent quick fullback can contain him. If we have ambitions of reaching the latter stages of Champs League consistently, don't look for him to beat his fullback in a 1-1. Don't get me wrong, I still rate him but he is definitely lacking in this department.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.