18's V Reading

Nelly's Left Foot

Went to watch the 18's play Reading this morning and saw an enjoyable game on a bright sunny day albeit with a strong wind. We started with only 2 of our best under 18's so plenty being given opportunities. Ed Francis and Matt Smith being the 2 altho Tyreke Wilson might be considered a 3rd!

As ever Reading bigger and stronger but an early goal helped settle things. Great play on the right from Taylor Richards, slipped a nice pass to Gonzalez who finished well first time. Reading got more and more into the game and equalised with a great curler from the edge of the box easily beating keeper Sokol ( he's another big keeper!) Even game from then but we scored again thru Richards who finished with a powerful shot after a pass by Rabbi Matondo ( Rabbi is a really fast winger we just signed)

Still fairly even into the 2nd half but we scored again I think thru Ogbeta. Center half but had made a surging run and was still up there when Gonzalez played the perfect cross from inside the box. Then 3.2 as Reading scored from the edge of the box, after poor defending on our part but the final goal in a 4.2 win was a blinder from Richards. Thumped in from the edge of the box with his left peg. Foden has some competition from this lad as he has plenty of quality and a great shot on him.

Luke Bolton was played as a full back today which was an interesting experiment. A mixed game but worth trying again I think. Good to see Latibeaudierre come on for 20 minutes at the end. Bobby Duncan also on for the last bit and I think he will have learned a lot. I don't think anything he did came off against big strong center backs but that what he has to get used to.

Ben Garre ( Argentinian superstar!) had a mare today for me. But lots of quality in him so more time needed to see how he develops but today wasn't a good day. Felix Nmecha came on in midfield and didn't do much but boy does he look like his brother.

Went to watch the 18's play Reading this morning and saw an enjoyable game on a bright sunny day albeit with a strong wind. We started with only 2 of our best under 18's so plenty being given opportunities. Ed Francis and Matt Smith being the 2 altho Tyreke Wilson might be considered a 3rd!

As ever Reading bigger and stronger but an early goal helped settle things. Great play on the right from Taylor Richards, slipped a nice pass to Gonzalez who finished well first time. Reading got more and more into the game and equalised with a great curler from the edge of the box easily beating keeper Sokol ( he's another big keeper!) Even game from then but we scored again thru Richards who finished with a powerful shot after a pass by Rabbi Matondo ( Rabbi is a really fast winger we just signed)

Still fairly even into the 2nd half but we scored again I think thru Ogbeta. Center half but had made a surging run and was still up there when Gonzalez played the perfect cross from inside the box. Then 3.2 as Reading scored from the edge of the box, after poor defending on our part but the final goal in a 4.2 win was a blinder from Richards. Thumped in from the edge of the box with his left peg. Foden has some competition from this lad as he has plenty of quality and a great shot on him.

Luke Bolton was played as a full back today which was an interesting experiment. A mixed game but worth trying again I think. Good to see Latibeaudierre come on for 20 minutes at the end. Bobby Duncan also on for the last bit and I think he will have learned a lot. I don't think anything he did came off against big strong center backs but that what he has to get used to.

Ben Garre ( Argentinian superstar!) had a mare today for me. But lots of quality in him so more time needed to see how he develops but today wasn't a good day. Felix Nmecha came on in midfield and didn't do much but boy does he look like his brother.

Is Richards a 10 or a winger mate.

Is he a trickster like Sancho?

Yep more of an 8 or even a 10 but not a Sancho. Very talented player tho. He has a bit of arrogance about him but the quality to back it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.