The Boxing thread

Canelo v GGG in September.. bout time.
Agreed. Up until the Jacobs fight I always thought Golovkin would win but he showed signs of ageing in that fight so I got a feeling Canelo will sneak it on points. Hope I am wrong though cos I am a massive GGG fan!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed. Up until the Jacobs fight I always thought Golovkin would win but he showed signs of ageing in that fight so I got a feeling Canelo will sneak it on points. Hope I am wrong though cos I am a massive GGG fan!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah i think Canelo would shade it on points, would still love to see 3G knock him out.
Heard fury is looking at July 8th for his return.

Canelo and Chavez Jnr biggest bullshit. Golden Boys cash cow will get found out again by GGG. Chavez Jnr to me was weight drained I cant remember when the last time Chavez boxed at that level. I look at Canelo and since the Maywheater fight who has he boxed that caused him many problems?? The Cotto fight maybe the best but Cotto for me was on his way out his last hurrah for a fighter I loved to watch fighting in his hayday.
The Khan match was a mismatch too. The rest really shouldnt of been in the ring with him. The GGG fight I feel is were we will see the best of GGG. His legacy has aways been whos he beaten?? All this bullshit you can only beat whats put in front of you. I wouldnt be shocked if GGG kos Canelo. As GGG is just as under rated as Canelo is as people seem to think both are KO machines but GGG was always a brilliant Amateur and can easy box but he can bang too clean. My moneys is firmly on GGG.

Parker I would agree a lot of pressure on him to preform and if you train for another fighter aka Hughie Fury and it gets changed to someone else its hard to get going again even if they have sparred so many rounds together. He knew he was never getting beaten in that fight. So knew in a way he didnt have to preform.

Canelo and Chavez Jnr biggest bullshit. Golden Boys cash cow will get found out again by GGG. Chavez Jnr to me was weight drained I cant remember when the last time Chavez boxed at that level. I look at Canelo and since the Maywheater fight who has he boxed that caused him many problems?? The Cotto fight maybe the best but Cotto for me was on his way out his last hurrah for a fighter I loved to watch fighting in his hayday.
The Khan match was a mismatch too. The rest really shouldnt of been in the ring with him. The GGG fight I feel is were we will see the best of GGG. His legacy has aways been whos he beaten?? All this bullshit you can only beat whats put in front of you. I wouldnt be shocked if GGG kos Canelo. As GGG is just as under rated as Canelo is as people seem to think both are KO machines but GGG was always a brilliant Amateur and can easy box but he can bang too clean. My moneys is firmly on GGG.

Parker I would agree a lot of pressure on him to preform and if you train for another fighter aka Hughie Fury and it gets changed to someone else its hard to get going again even if they have sparred so many rounds together. He knew he was never getting beaten in that fight. So knew in a way he didnt have to preform.

Like with floyd and Pac this fight should and could of been made ages ago, the timing is important. Canelo swerved the fight and showed lack of respect for the belts. Let's hope they agree at 160 and no fuckin about at Catchweigh. I can see this going to the cards and Canelo getting the nod with his accuracy. Hope im wrong and GGG tares him apart, just my opinion.

Like with floyd and Pac this fight should and could of been made ages ago, the timing is important. Canelo swerved the fight and showed lack of respect for the belts. Let's hope they agree at 160 and no fuckin about at Catchweigh. I can see this going to the cards and Canelo getting the nod with his accuracy. Hope im wrong and GGG tares him apart, just my opinion.

I dont think they can do a catch weight for this fight. It does my head in just make the fight at Middleweight. Honestly think GGG wins and moves up to Super Middleweight then goes for the World Champions be it DeGale , Ramirez or George Groves if he wins the belt. I think GGG may only have 4 to 5 more fights before he hangs up the gloves.

The ONLY way GGG wins is via a knockout he's not as skillfull as Canelo in defence or attack(sorry I know he has fans here but I've said it before GGG is flat footed with zero head movement, he's there to be hit and anyone with the speed and accuracy will find that, I had Jacobs up by two rounds as did many who watched that fight) for me so if it goes to points unless there's knockdowns there's only Canelo winning it. GGG gets so much credit for his amateur career but what's the point in mentioning that against a guy who turned pro at 15 and has always been regarded as something special? He's a hall of famer whether the haters want to admit it or not. I called it too, this fight would happen when they think they can make the most money, fresh off the back of the AJ vs Klitschko megafight seems like a good time to announce it, he's a true fighter who been in the game for way too long(since a pup without any 0 to protect) to be "scared" of any opponent.

Canelo is the type of fighter who like Mayweather can adjust his tactics during a fight according to his opponent by himself he's got those smarts that can't be taught. He's improved so much since he fought Mayweather at 21 his defence especially which is why people are struggling to find an opponent who's "tested" him, moaning about being weight drained and so on. Who's he really ducked now that this GGG fight is being made though? They'll have nobody of note to name because it's all hot air and when he wins(which he does IMO a knockout can always happen with someone who can punch like Golovkin but I just think he'll make him miss and pick him apart) there will be more excuses.

Last edited:
No excuses will be made at the end of it. GGG has it all Canelo has avoided this fight for long enough. Thats why GGG hasnt moved up a weight division as he truely beleives he is the best in his weight division. It will be a good fight when it happens.

Canelo is a born fighter the talk of ducking is ridiculous(as I said now the fight is happening they have nobody to name... so is it in his character? No is the answer). The fight was always going to happen, it's the business side of things that held things up, the interest in boxing from the casuals is at a high right now, it only takes a bit of common sense to piece it together. Also if it's not a catchweight then Canelo would dispel all the bollocks in one fight, giving GGG the advantage being the naturally bigger man(walking around weight is not fight weight there's a huge difference) with the biggest punch power he can face and still beating him would cement him as P4P king for me. It also annoys me that GGG gets nothing but praise when he's never had to fight at anything but his best weight(160), never had to give any advantage up or taken a risk yet Canelo gets all the criticism(I've even heard some of the fanboys say Canelo is the same size it's all some big con... did they even see them in the ring together?... Deluded).

Last edited:
'Bad Left Hook' - Who wins Canelo vs Golovkin on September 16?

Worth reading some of the comments from fan's.. Since the fight was announced their poll has GGG 70% & Canelo 30% to win.

I dont rate Parker at all, I thought Takam would beat him to be honest, and though he didnt I thought he exposed him a fair bit (Couldnt miss with that left hook). After Saturdays performance I think there will be a lot of 2nd tier heavyweights queuing up to face him, if I was Wilder id be looking at unification ASAP.

As for GGG/Canelo its about time, the fight pretty much everyone wanted to see, made even more appetising after GGGs under par performance vs Jacobs. Still fancy GGG to stop him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.