Tosin Adarabioyo

there are quite a few teams that play good football in the lower leagues though and dont just kick it long and every team isn't full of 6ft + huge players. brentford, leeds, reading, huddersfield all play pretty good passing football. i dont think the loans to holland are working tbh - the quality of football over there isn't great and theres almost no physical element to it and i dont think it prepares them at all for premier league football. its a tough one though and i understand what you mean, but i wouldn't say all lower league loans would be a waste of time.

You have mentioned a handful of clubs, most of whom would be very demanding of any loanee. They are not going to give someone like Diaz a bunch of games to adjust. He would have to hit the ground running immediately, or be benched, or even stuck in their reserve team. In the case of Brandon Barker for example, he did absolutely fine at a middling team & still got benched, which has even happened to Zinchenko in Holland tbf, he's barely put a foot wrong & been one of the best players when played, can't get on.

When kids have done everything asked of them, they have had no reward. Jack Byrne outperformed some big names over there & we sold him without even one first team game as reward. Denayer comes back from Glasgow one of the most rated kids in Europe & ends up working for Moyes two years later, again without even one first team game. Marcos Lopes did well in our team, did well on loan, sold. Playing every week in France. Not good enough to be a sub at City.

Those kids would each have five/ten games at the swamp as it's good for the club to promote your own players over signings whenever possible. One or two would probably be playing tonight.

The kids smart for getting out of our club while he can rather than rotting like the rest of our youth do. Get to 18 then get the fuck out is the smart move, its clearly the point where our club stops being helpful and begins being detrimental.

I have said for over a year now that if you are an academy player good enough at 18 then get out and demand men's football.

EDS level is an utter waste of time in my opinion.

I feel like he's leaving in the summer. I think him and his agent realize our dire need for centre-backs like Bonucci and Aymeric Laporte.Therefore I think he leaves in the summer for Everton.Also feel like Denayer also deserves more of a chance than him. Not sure why he wasn't granted a loan deal this season to judge where he's at.

I wouldn't be looking to sign any contracts with City to hang around waiting to be loaned out into obscurity like Denayer and Byrne and all the others.
The poster is right that it's better to go to a club where you might get a chance rather than rot away in the EDS while the club signs another 50 million pound player in your position.

Tosin Adarabioyo has committed his future to Manchester City by signing a new four year deal.

And the the 19-year-old defender has vowed to join the fight for first-team places - and aims to follow in the footsteps of his mentor Vincent Kompany by wearing the captain's armband one day.

Adarabioyo has been at City since he was five, but this coming season - and this summer's US tour - are crucial for his development.

On the prospects of breaking into Pep Guardiola 's first team, he said: "It’s all I’ve wanted to do for a long time now. I want to get myself into the first team and play as many games as I can.

"We have a talented and very good group of players so you just have to keep working hard, play as many games as you can and when the opportunity comes I have to take it.

"Since I was a young kid I’ve dreamed of playing for the City first team and being captain of this club so hopefully I can go on and do that.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.