93.20 Documentary

I disagree.
I don't think the way football currently is, that one singular team will dominate the English top flight like we've seen previously.
The dominance was achieved primarily by weakening other teams in the league.
Example... Leeds were seen as a threat so Rags bought Cantona.
Forest? Keane.
Rio, Berbatov, "Andrew" Cole, the list goes on.

Now the likes of Spurs, if they had a Berbatov could stick two fingers up to the likes of the Rags knowing they gain xxx amount of revenue and can thus compete.

Not as many selling clubs.
Yes players are still sold such as Sterling and Stones to and from league rivals but the clubs have a higher level of pull with their management and can attract just as good if not better replacements... And have spare change.

If or when the game financially collapses we may then see a return to one team dominance.

just got to be better, no-one in this league is close to Real/Bayern/Barca level which tells me there's plenty of room to improve and reach that level both domestically and in Europe, we need to be the English club that works that out and goes on to dominate.

A few weeks before when we had lost to Arsenal and I was depressed an image flashed into my head of Kompany lifting the premier league trophy, it was as clear as day. Of course I thought it was mad but as we went on our winning run and the rags imploded I started to believe and was incredibly calm. All that went out of the window as we stuttered against QPR. I actually couldn't believe my premonition had been wrong, so clear it had been and right up to that point. The rest is of course history.

As for your dad's stupid grin mine lasted all summer lol!

Ha ha!! What a day though. I had every intention of getting obliterated in town, lasted until about 10.00, was exhausted!

lee-jackson.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.