Victor Valdes

Our Goalkeeping policy seems weird. Hart was probably better than both Willy and Bravo, but we shipped him out, then talk we may well sell him to one of our rivals?

Willy has been better than Bravo but we are letting him go, to keep Bravo the worst of the 3!

We should be getting a top keeper that can give our defence confidence.

We are linked with so many of Pep's former players, (Valdes, Boateng, Badstuber etc.), seemingly regardless of form.

Our Goalkeeping policy seems weird. Hart was probably better than both Willy and Bravo, but we shipped him out, then talk we may well sell him to one of our rivals?

Willy has been better than Bravo but we are letting him go, to keep Bravo the worst of the 3!

We should be getting a top keeper that can give our defence confidence.
We have to give the opposition a chance mate ;)
We are linked with so many of Pep's former players, (Valdes, Boateng, Badstuber etc.), seemingly regardless of form.
Lazy journalism for the most part.

We are linked with so many of Pep's former players, (Valdes, Boateng, Badstuber etc.), seemingly regardless of form.[/QUOTE]
Of all his ex playerz are these the best Pep can do!

I have just been taking a quick look at Valdes' stats for this season. He is the same age as Caballero, a year older than Bravo.

Probably as expected he is generally better than Bravo but not as good as Caballero.

Average saves per goal: Caballero-2.09, Valdes-1.78 , Bravo-1.08

Worryingly his distribution success is worst of all 3: Caballero-77%, Valdes-57%, Bravo-75%

As I said above we appear to have a weird goalkeeping policy, we are getting rid of the player with the best stats and targeting a lesser keeper!

I have just been taking a quick look at Valdes' stats for this season. He is the same age as Caballero, a year older than Bravo.

Probably as expected he is generally better than Bravo but not as good as Caballero.

Average saves per goal: Caballero-2.09, Valdes-1.78 , Bravo-1.08

Worryingly his distribution success is worst of all 3: Caballero-77%, Valdes-57%, Bravo-75%

As I said above we appear to have a weird goalkeeping policy, we are getting rid of the player with the best stats and targeting a lesser keeper!
Following my earlier post looking at Stats for Cabellero, Valdes and Bravo I thought I would add Pickford and Donnarumma to see how they compared this season:

Average saves per goal: Caballero-2.09, Valdes-1.78 , Bravo-1.08, Pickford-2.26, Donnarumma-3.12

Distribution success: Caballero-77%, Valdes-57%, Bravo-75%, Pickford-51%, Donnarumma-78%

Statistically Donnarumma is the clear leader. For me a combo of Donnarumma first choice and Caballero as reserve would be ideal.

If we are guaranteed CL football come Sunday I would be tempted to try Gunn out between the sticks - cant he worse than what we have..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.