Sky rewrite league title history

urban genie

Though technically in the premier league sense this is true, a big 2 fingers up at the histree boys, everton, villa, sunderland, Us, newcastle, leeds, Wednesday, wolves, and many more who have won the title.

Football title winners didn't start in 92 you fucking wankers

Chelsea have won 6 titles less than the tarquins, sunderland and villa

They sell the PL brand; not the "top division" brand or the "old first division or PL" brand or even the "Football League" brand.
Is anybody really surprised they promote it in this way? We all call armchair fans for thinking football started in 1992 and it's a view they get from Sky.
Also, Sky like to think they saved football by investing so much, and perhaps they have, but many media analysts claimed Sky could have gone bust in the early 90s had they not got large-scale televised football up and running. Football saved Sky, not the other way round.

Though technically in the premier league sense this is true, a big 2 fingers up at the histree boys, everton, villa, sunderland, Us, newcastle, leeds, Wednesday, wolves, and many more who have won the title.

Football title winners didn't start in 92 you fucking wankers

Chelsea have won 6 titles less than the tarquins, sunderland and villa

I was out with a Villa fan last night. Took great delight in repeatedly asking him to remind me how many FA Cups and titles his club had won in the last 100 years.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that tweet whatsoever. It's in no way dishonest and even draws attention to the achievements of one of our own managers.
And I don't think the use of stats primarily from the PL era only is necessarily a bad thing. Nobody is claiming that football began in 1992 but in my opinion by separating the seasons before and after the creation of one of the biggest leagues in the world we can compile more accurate statistics that are more reflective of modern football. The stats from before '92 still exist, they're still there, they're just not being held up next to the football of today, which is vastly different to how the game was played in the '70's.

Last edited:
I see absolutely nothing wrong with that tweet whatsoever. It's in no way dishonest and even draws attention to the achievements of one of our own managers.
And I don't think the use of stats primarily from the PL era only is necessarily a bad thing. Nobody is claiming that football began in 1992 but in my opinion by separating the seasons before and after the creation of one of the biggest leagues in the world we can compile more accurate statistics that are more reflective of modern football. The stats from before '92 still exist, they're still there, they're just not being held up next to the football of today, which is vastly different to how the game was played in the '70's.

yes but how many titles have we won finishing top of the football pyramid? not 2

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.