Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dislike Clichy but I did wonder today if his apparent lack of future with the club may be affecting his play?

He declined to take a good opportunity to shoot in front of goal and completely unnecessarily gave away a penalty.
I was delighted he didn't take the shot on as it would have likely ended up in level 2. For the pen I think Otamendi deserves a share of the blame for a poor header out that went no distance at all and immediately put us on the back foot.

Re the non-shot, he had a shot in the 2nd half and it nearly went out for a throw!

And it was comfortably about twice the distance of the one he spurned. I think Gael is more of a professional than most and wouldn't be switching off. He has allowed wingers to get crosses in all season because his main thrust is to give them a yard and a half of space, which was his undoing today.

He is past his best that's all really,no point getting on his back for it,be gracious to all those leaving who have been with us for our best times imo

Its a close on a chapter, he has been solid as a player and as a professional. His performances have waned a bit.
He was immense under Mancini.

Looking forward to a quality attacking RB and LB.

He is so negative. Will always play the ball back instead of attacking & when he had the opportunity to shoot at target he passed the ball. He must room with Navas because they are the same Calabria.

I really hope he is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.