Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

I really hope we don't sign Barkley, he's so average. Another stroller who'd have one decent game in 5 and do very little. We need to go for absolute top quality.

Our midfield signings will be crucial this summer. Just as crucial as our FB signings. '

Fernando and Delph will go. Yaya looks like he is leaving. Fernandinho needs a reduced role as a squad player. Gundogan's fitness is a question.

That leaves us with Silva, De Bruyne, Ferna and Gundogan.

Our midfield signings will be crucial this summer. Just as crucial as our FB signings. '

Fernando and Delph will go. Yaya looks like he is leaving. Fernandinho needs a reduced role as a squad player. Gundogan's fitness is a question.

That leaves us with Silva, De Bruyne, Ferna and Gundogan.
García should get more game time next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Delph stayed as well.

Reckon we need 1 quality midfielder. I'd go for Naby Keïta.

García should get more game time next season. Wouldn't be surprised if Delph stayed as well.

Reckon we need 1 quality midfielder. I'd go for Naby Keïta.
I love this guy. I see a lot of Kante in him but more of an attacking player than Kante.

I think along with full backs its the most important area we need to get right. The worrying thing is that there don't appear to be many options of the required quality out there.

All the players I can think of that would be attainable don't fill me with excitement. (Carvalho, Romeu, N'Zonzi).

I'd like to throw Ruben Nevez from Porto into the discussion, he has great technical ability and passing combined with aggression and intelligence. He's around 6 ft so would be physical enough to play the pivot in my opinion.

He's only 20 though and I think it's fair to say we're looking for a world class player to come and slot straight in.

Steven N'zonzi.
Was just a midfield enforcer when at Stoke but he has added a lot to his game,particularly his passing,positioning and movement,under Sampaoli, another one of Bielsa's disciples just like Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.