City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I've read some of your posts. Either a rag or a wind up merchant lol. Will you bollox be at Watford. And wtf is an overnight superfan haha. You tool xx

Well I have tickets, who knows what can happen in a week though. @kbb will confirm my attendance if he is good enough :)

Is it not just we are a 40 to 50 thousand club without the tourists,and the only time it will fill is your big games. I can't be arsed with all this we are a massive club etc etc I don't want to get into that argument, but I've had this discussion a few times with blues who agree with what I've said we have a hard core which travel every home game and away, and those who can't be arsed unless its united, Liverpool etc even if you let them in for free they'd moan about the price of the tram fare.

i think even if the club tried to streamline leaving the stadium as much as possible, people would still leave a few minutes early. if saving 10-15 possibly 20 minutes means that much to people, they probably shouldnt sit around for 90 minutes watching 22 people kick a ball about.

forget about getting bums on seats and keeping them there for the whole game, theres a problem with the guys already there. there is very little atmosphere and thats more of a problem.

I don't think it has much to do with ticket price. When the ticket prices are low we don't tend to fill up the stadium (even though tickets are flogged to students via the university union) and the atmosphere doesn't get better.
The atmosphere is best at games like the manchester derby, CL quarter finals etc. Tickets are really expensive then and yet the atmosphere is good. It's a mindset in the supporters.

Im glad pep has said this needs full focus of the board

people get into a routine and leave early no matter what, two of my mates who live ten minutes away leave at 85 minutes every game to go to the pub, i just dont understand it.

the majority of those tickets at student unions aren't going to city fans. ticket prices are rarely ever low either. yes the atmosphere is good/ok for the derby, but thats always been the case and it could be ten times better. if we want a better atmosphere every game we need to get more 18-30 year olds in the ground. they are more likely to sing and create an atmosphere. if we adopted a german style approach, there would be no threads about bad atmosphere.

I often see on here that the club read this site or at least somebody involved does. If that's the case and they can plainly see how big an issue this is to many fans why don't they attempt to resolve the problem? Or at the very least get involved in some serious discussion with the fanbase.
The silence from our club or the total lack of effort to engage with the supporters bar the stupid fucking surveys they want us to fill in is pretty shite. When posters like SF are knocking it on the head after following us home and away for so long makes for some sad reading.

CrownPointBlue is really slacking by not going straight to his pal if you ask me..

Bayern have a system whereby if season ticket holders fail to show for an agreed percentage of matches, their season tickets are withdrawn and put back on open sale. This will stop those with season tickets picking and choosing which matches to attend. However, what do we do with those fans who can't attend every game because of the distance they have to travel if we're playing 3 times a week?

Completely agree with this - weed out those who buy the £299 seats and don't use them. Let them go to real fans who want to watch the games, or make sure the seats are used.

we say we're the club from manchester and yet everyones got a train to catch or a long drive home? doesnt add up.
can't afford to go often, only go a couple of times a season, but atmosphere is always quiet

I am from Manchester but I now live in the Thames Valley. Even so, I rarely leave before the final whistle.

Unfortunately, the Etihad is pretty awful to get away from by car. Our journey home tales us within a few block or two of Maine Road and to get there usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes. Travel wise it is a far cry from when we parked in the school by the Kippax and could arrive 10 minutes before K/O and be well on the way home before the point at which we now pass Maine Rd.

I am from Manchester but I now live in the Thames Valley. Even so, I rarely leave before the final whistle.

Unfortunately, the Etihad is pretty awful to get away from by car. Our journey home tales us within a few block or two of Maine Road and to get there usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes. Travel wise it is a far cry from when we parked in the school by the Kippax and could arrive 10 minutes before K/O and be well on the way home before the point at which we now pass Maine Rd.

if you park in the club car park its awful to get away from, anywhere else and its alright. what way do you go home ? depending on traffic i can get back to cheadle hulme in 30- 35 minutes, a lot quicker when theres not much traffic. theres only really traffic right near the ground, going to longisht for me.

I never leave if the game is in the balance, absolutely stupid.

If we are coasting to victory, I'll be off on around 85.

I have to say though, the last couple of games, as an stunned at the level of departures from 80 minutes on?

I genuinely think we have a problem in terms of how the supporter base is made up.

It's like the Darby and Joan club with so many older fans, the average age of the City fan must be at least 50 these days?

I don't see the tourists leaving early and we have lost an entire generation of late twenty somethings?

Not helped by a club that does little to attract the next generation and an older group who just don't have that passion they once had, and also translates on terms of the attendances and atmosphere.

FFS, I have people around me in tier 2 south who treat the game more like an opportunity to gossip, drink and eat fucking pork pies out of tin foil.

Cue 80 minutes, "see you next week, Joan. We were shit again, that Pep is a fraud."

Funny you should make mention the age of our supporter base, I Harv the misfortune obviously
I never leave if the game is in the balance, absolutely stupid.

If we are coasting to victory, I'll be off on around 85.

I have to say though, the last couple of games, I am stunned at the level of departures from 80 minutes on?

I genuinely think we have a problem in terms of how the supporter base is made up.

It's like the Darby and Joan club with so many older fans, the average age of the City fan must be at least 50 these days?

I don't see the tourists leaving early and we have lost an entire generation of late twenty somethings?

Not helped by a club that does little to attract the next generation and an older group who just don't have that passion they once had, and also translates in terms of the attendances and atmosphere.

FFS, I have people around me in tier 2 south who treat the game more like an opportunity to gossip, drink and eat fucking pork pies out of tin foil.

Cue 80 minutes, "see you next week, Joan. We were shit again, that Pep is a fraud."

Funny you should mention the age of our match going fans, I had the misfortune to be in and around Salford Quays on Thursday surrounded by hundreds/thousands of the dregs, I'm not exaggerating but their demographic appears to be so different to ours, I'd say at least 50% were males in the 18-30 age range if not more, most appeared to be in small groups and you could hear them chanting their nursery rhymes around the ground a mile or so away from 5pm ish, I don't know if it was 'sing along with Boyley' and it was all their out of towners but they all seemed to be making an afternoon/evening of it, granted it was a semi but it all seemed to be the antithesis of the relative understated gloom of the exterior of the Etihad pre match.

We seem to have a jaded aeging fan base which I'm sure plays a part re the atmosphere and the early departures.

Funny you should make mention the age of our supporter base, I Harv the misfortune obviously

Funny you should mention the age of our match going fans, I had the misfortune to be in and around Salford Quays on Thursday surrounded by hundreds/thousands of the dregs, I'm not exaggerating but their demographic appears to be so different to ours, I'd say at least 50% were males in the 18-30 age range if not more, most appeared to be in small groups and you could hear them chanting their nursery rhymes around the ground a mile or so away from 5pm ish, I don't know if it was 'sing along with Boyley' and it was all their out of towners but they all seemed to be making an afternoon/evening of it, granted it was a semi but it all seemed to be the antithesis of the relative understated gloom of the exterior of the Etihad pre match.

We seem to have a jaded aeging fan base which I'm sure plays a part re the atmosphere and the early departures.

The fan base is ageing and judging by the empty seats in the family stand that younger fans are not as interested as perhaps kids once were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.