Bundesliga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alex-MCFC: Good luck next season! If I told you that I was sad about Ingolstadt going down it was a blatant lie, but I can releate to how you feel right now at least. :)
At least it makes my trips a lot more interesting, and substantially easier to plan. The start of the season with Kauczinski killed us; we'd have stayed up quite comfortably if we had Walpurgis all season.

I assume this is something due to ownership/sponsorship but why would that matter if they play in different countries?

As they will be playing in the same competition in the Champions League. UEFA will be concerned for the integrity of the competition (not a joke), on the basis that if an owner has two clubs he could dictate which one wins, or just general manipulation of results.

Haven't kept up with the league this year but the amount of texts I got from friends yesterday I thought Mainz had won it.

As they will be playing in the same competition in the Champions League. UEFA will be concerned for the integrity of the competition (not a joke), on the basis that if an owner has two clubs he could dictate which one wins, or just general manipulation of results.
Makes sense. I didn't have time to read the article earlier but just did and it showed that Salzburg have lost in the qualifiers in five successive seasons so wonder if they can wait to decide after the qualifiers or not.

Looks like Bayern are signing Leon Goretzka. They don't hang around when it comes to transfers.

Was out in Munich a couple of weekends ago for a couple nights with some mates. Bayern tickets were too difficult to get (& expensive) so we decided to go to Ingolstadt v Bayer Leverkusan instead.

Took us about an hour on the slow train from Munch then a taxi to the ground, but only about 30 mins or so on the fast train back (some really nice views on the way there as well!)

Having done Fortuna Dusseldorf, Colgne, St Pauli before as well as Hamburg & Schalke with City i have to say I love going to German Football. There was 5 of us & we paid 17 Euro's each for a ticket, behind the goal (although more level with touchline), all together 1 row from the back (only 1 tier) pretty much next to a standing area which we could have got for 14 Euro's but we wanted somewhere to put our beer. Speaking of beer, which you can have in the stand while watching the game.

German fans are great, happy to chat all the time, although a few had a hard time trying to understand why we cared enough to go.

As for the game, it wasn't the best! Sorry to @Alex-MCFC but you could see why Ingolstadt were going down, didn't really have much going forward, although the goal you scored was very well taken. Leverkusan were also poor i thought, the game finishing 1-1 & pretty much sealed Ingolstadt relegation. I didn't even get to boo that little shit Hernandez as much as i would have liked as he was on the bench & didn't come on, only running past us once to warm up.

If you are ever in Germany i highly recommend going to a game, they know how to do football & puts us to shame over here!

Was out in Munich a couple of weekends ago for a couple nights with some mates. Bayern tickets were too difficult to get (& expensive) so we decided to go to Ingolstadt v Bayer Leverkusan instead.

Took us about an hour on the slow train from Munch then a taxi to the ground, but only about 30 mins or so on the fast train back (some really nice views on the way there as well!)

Having done Fortuna Dusseldorf, Colgne, St Pauli before as well as Hamburg & Schalke with City i have to say I love going to German Football. There was 5 of us & we paid 17 Euro's each for a ticket, behind the goal (although more level with touchline), all together 1 row from the back (only 1 tier) pretty much next to a standing area which we could have got for 14 Euro's but we wanted somewhere to put our beer. Speaking of beer, which you can have in the stand while watching the game.

German fans are great, happy to chat all the time, although a few had a hard time trying to understand why we cared enough to go.

As for the game, it wasn't the best! Sorry to @Alex-MCFC but you could see why Ingolstadt were going down, didn't really have much going forward, although the goal you scored was very well taken. Leverkusan were also poor i thought, the game finishing 1-1 & pretty much sealed Ingolstadt relegation. I didn't even get to boo that little shit Hernandez as much as i would have liked as he was on the bench & didn't come on, only running past us once to warm up.

If you are ever in Germany i highly recommend going to a game, they know how to do football & puts us to shame over here!

Agreed.

Good effort making the journey out there just for the football. Cheap tickets and the ability to stand, drink, and even smoke if you want all leads to a good atmosphere being generated - even in Ingolstadt ;)

Ryanair fly from Manchester to Hamburg, Berlin, Stuttgart, and Nuremburg already, and Frankfurt from October so it should be easy to tick off a few more next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.