Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing. With Gundogan on the way back, it suggests to me that City have no plans to buy a central midfielder. Remember that Fernandinho is getting on a bit so I thought we really needed another midfielder. Gundogan wasn't particularly convincing. If we have another season with Toure ambling about again, you can forget about any challenge for the title.

Worth another year based on this season's performances alone. Behaved like a spoilt, slapped arse under a benign Pelligrini but under a strict Pep regime he has knuckled down and responded professionally. I hope he stays, extinguishes his past misdemeanours, rewards us with his quality and leaves us with fantastic memories intact.

Disappointing. With Gundogan on the way back, it suggests to me that City have no plans to buy a central midfielder. Remember that Fernandinho is getting on a bit so I thought we really needed another midfielder. Gundogan wasn't particularly convincing. If we have another season with Toure ambling about again, you can forget about any challenge for the title.
We definitely need to buy another midfielder,Fernandinho isn't as effective as he once was and I'm not sure Gundogen can be relied upon. There are 4 positions we need to buy in this summer above all others and defensive midfield is one of them.

For me we should do all possible to keep him with a contract that encourages him to maintain the best conditioning a 34 year old with a hulking physique and plenty of miles on the clock can achieve.
Management of his training and selection of his appearances would be vital. United got extra value out of Giggs, Scholes and Wio when their careers were on the downslope and we can with Yaya.
He has been on something of a charm offensive lately, rallying behind City when the media are putting the boot in and visibly coming across as a mentor to the young stars.

I think City will be weighing up the pros and cons on and off the pitch during these negotiations.

I imagine his decision will largely depend on who our incomings are and will he actually play hence he's not in a rush to agree to anything. Unless he wants Tevez money and then he's off to China....

I think it might boil down to whether he would command a place in our CL squad. Would he make the 17 man cut for foreign players? Can't really say without knowing what the other midfield ins and outs will be but I don't see him staying unless he can make the CL squad.

For me we should do all possible to keep him with a contract that encourages him to maintain the best conditioning a 34 year old with a hulking physique and plenty of miles on the clock can achieve.
Management of his training and selection of his appearances would be vital. United got extra value out of Giggs, Scholes and Wio when their careers were on the downslope and we can with Yaya.
He has been on something of a charm offensive lately, rallying behind City when the media are putting the boot in and visibly coming across as a mentor to the young stars.

I think City will be weighing up the pros and cons on and off the pitch during these negotiations.

The extra value united got from scholes giggs and wio was turning them from a top european club into an ageing non c I team.

We definitely need to buy another midfielder,Fernandinho isn't as effective as he once was and I'm not sure Gundogen can be relied upon. There are 4 positions we need to buy in this summer above all others and defensive midfield is one of them.

The place to start would be replacing Fernando and then Delph. Keeping Yaya should not be an impediment to signing another midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.