Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too bothered if he stays or goes, unfortunately all the dragging the club through the press has left a sour taste.

He'd be very useful from the bench in certain games but if we're reaching for the stars even through he's done really well for the half season he's been involved he really shouldn't be one of the first names on the sheet next year.

City have played this very well. Briefing the press they way they did in this situation.

He either shows his loyalty for City accepts a reduction in wage and playing time, while providing guidance for the young players. We can offer him some kind of coaching role in the near future, or a move to NYCFC.

Or he can choose money and playing time apparently for a club already in the CL.

I would prefer he stays here, would cement his status even more but I am not too bothered if he leaves either.

That sounds to me like he has had no offers and is pulling a fast one.

Tangled web he weaves.

I think he's most certainly had a lucrative offer from China. There's been some reasonably reputable sources on that, and given how much the press seems to enjoy bashing both us and Yaya, it just doesn't make sense they'd invent a story that painted him in a good light.

1 year for Yaya, bring in another CM and get rid of Delph and Fernando. Makes much more sense than letting Yaya go and keeping one of the other 2.

no way we're getting rid of Delph (English thing and also i think he's ok for squad filler). Agree with Fernando though.

i would definitely look at an top up and coming central mid, Ya Ya and Dinho are getting no younger, with hopefully Gundogan coming back into the frame.

no way we're getting rid of Delph (English thing and also i think he's ok for squad filler). Agree with Fernando though.

i would definitely look at an top up and coming central mid, Ya Ya and Dinho are getting no younger, with hopefully Gundogan coming back into the frame.

Is that a "Zimmer frame"

He's never fit and so really offers nothing. We may be bringing in at least 1 English player in the Summer, so Delph's nationality might become irrelevant anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.