Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 year for Yaya, bring in another CM and get rid of Delph and Fernando. Makes much more sense than letting Yaya go and keeping one of the other 2.

Agree.

That and Yaya is clearly our best DM Playmaker. He'd need to be more of a squad player (and accept a wage more closely reflecting that) but there's no reason he can't be an important player against the lesser sides, esp. at home.

Ultimately if Pep wants him to stay, there will be a very good reason, and if he wants to say, then we should try and sort it out so that he does.

Ball retention is key to how we play under Pep, and there is nobody better at it than Yaya, and he can control games like nobody else, Pep clearly has a lot of trust, and many of our other players look up to him.

Agree.

That and Yaya is clearly our best DM Playmaker. He'd need to be more of a squad player (and accept a wage more closely reflecting that) but there's no reason he can't be an important player against the lesser sides, esp. at home.

You say he is "clearly our best dm and playmaker"
Yet only a squad player against lesser teams. Like a lot of people hoping he gets a new contract the logic is very flawed.

City have played this very well. Briefing the press they way they did in this situation.

He either shows his loyalty for City accepts a reduction in wage and playing time, while providing guidance for the young players. We can offer him some kind of coaching role in the near future, or a move to NYCFC.

Or he can choose money and playing time apparently for a club already in the CL.

I would prefer he stays here, would cement his status even more but I am not too bothered if he leaves either.

Our most consistent player since he returned.

As happy as i've been to see Yaya put in some strong performances this season, i think we'd be wise to let him go this summer.

We all complain about how the ridiculous situation with having multiple ageing full-backs has been allowed to occur, but next summer Fernandinho will be 33 and Silva will be 32. If we keep Yaya around, we could well be sleepwalking into having to overhaul most of our midfield in much the same way. It already feels like we've somewhat wasted one year under Pep by not adequately addressing the ageing squad before he arrived. Let's free up his wages and more importantly his squad place to bring in someone young, dynamic and hungry to learn how to play exactly how Pep demands now and not heading into what could potentially be Pep's final year with us.

Names please.

You say he is "clearly our best dm and playmaker"
Yet only a squad player against lesser teams. Like a lot of people hoping he gets a new contract the logic is very flawed.

No flawed logic from what I can see. He's the best in that role that we currently have but we need to bring in a younger and more mobile version of him and Yaya becomes more of a squad player that guaranteed starter. I'd rather have him on the bench than Delph and Fernando. I can't see us signing 3 new CMs to replace them given our needs in other areas. If we were to keep one of the 3, it would make more sense for that one to be Toure.

Yaya's form since xmas has warranted a new contract , and he is certainly making all the right noises he has also kept his knobhead agent quiet in the meantime , would see him as a squad player for next season , i am sure Pep will be looking for a younger upgrade. Good luck with that Pep , finding a replacement for the big man in his prime will be nigh on impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.