Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting him go weakens the squad. If we can convince him to stay (on our terms) we absolutely should keep him around. Even now it would take a really expensive player to replace him with someone of equal quality. He's still better than Delph and Fernando, so would rather we let those two go before the big man. Would get fees for them too (I think?).

Letting Yaya leave for free would be a bad decision.

Letting him go weakens the squad. If we can convince him to stay (on our terms) we absolutely should keep him around. Even now it would take a really expensive player to replace him with someone of equal quality.
Exactly - even if we keep paying his current salary for another year, it'd be cheaper than signing an adequate replacement and paying their lower salary.

Names please.

We may not get him, but i'd throw down a lot of money for Verratti. Failing that, i'm fairly sure we could and probably will get Fabinho. Also, I think it's unlikely that Pep wouldn't have a good idea of a whole host of centre-mids that he admires and could work with.

Big mistake here's to another half arsed season.

Yes he's not been too bad in terms of effort this year but his legs have gone he leaves us wide open hence why our defence is a shambles.

Let go blues.

We may not get him, but i'd throw down a lot of money for Verratti. Failing that, i'm fairly sure we could and probably will get Fabinho. Also, I think it's unlikely that Pep wouldn't have a good idea of a whole host of centre-mids that he admires and could work with.

I would hope he does. However, I hope they would be coming in to replace Fernando and Delph and not Toure.

Yes he's not been too bad in terms of effort this year but his legs have gone he leaves us wide open hence why our defence is a shambles.

Let go blues.

Yep, the pivot role suits his ball playing capabilities. But another year down the line he's only going to get slower. I would only keep him if he was given a small role in the squad. Annoys me that we're still relying on players from 5 years ago.

Let go blues.
Well said. It's all down to Yaya.......the whole debacle of a season is down to him not tracking someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.