Youri Tielemans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty big fee in Belgium and they can strengthen their squad with that type of money. He missed a PK that could've sealed the title on Sunday. I see people saying he's a Yaya type or replacing Bernardo Silva, he's more Dele. Monaco is the perfect place because he needs to develop a lot more of his game at a better league now, he's outgrown Belgium for about 2 years now. If he develops further in France then it would be worth it to see him in the PL, at the moment he wouldn't shine at any top team except maybe Spurs who were also interested.

It's a pretty big fee in Belgium and they can strengthen their squad with that type of money. He missed a PK that could've sealed the title on Sunday. I see people saying he's a Yaya type or replacing Bernardo Silva, he's more Dele. Monaco is the perfect place because he needs to develop a lot more of his game at a better league now, he's outgrown Belgium for about 2 years now. If he develops further in France then it would be worth it to see him in the PL, at the moment he wouldn't shine at any top team except maybe Spurs who were also interested.

Genuniely gutted we didnt get this guy, can see him commanding a 60m transfer in 2yrs time.

Anymore up and coming talent coming through in Belgium?

Sad that we never went in form him, but that's tempered by the news that he'll at least not be joining Chelsea.
As a Belgian who watches almost every game i can tell you this guy is highly inconsistent. He is a great talent for sure, but 25 million is just ridiculous. Not our kind of player, certainly not now.

As a Belgian who watches almost every game i can tell you this guy is highly inconsistent. He is a great talent for sure, but 25 million is just ridiculous. Not our kind of player, certainly not now.

I agree that he's not the finished article, but I suspect in a few years he'll be leaving Monaco for considerably more than they have reputedly paid.

Every player that age is inconsistent, you judge them on the median and their potential on the high points. €25m is far from ridiculous as well, in comparison with the rest of the transfers in the top leagues.

Someone who could have learned a lot from Pep though & quickly gone up a level.
At the moment he would be someone who wouldn't see much game time because he has so much to learn if he played under Pep. This was the best move,if he becomes and even better player at Monaco what ever his price tag will be would be worth it at that point. Lot of Belgians take that intermediary step before they're ready for prime time.

City looking favourites now to sign him.

Maybe he feels the value of learning from Pep has made him decide City and not Monaco. Hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.