Yaya Toure signs one year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say he is "clearly our best dm and playmaker"
Yet only a squad player against lesser teams. Like a lot of people hoping he gets a new contract the logic is very flawed.

Nope. We should sign a new playmaker DM as well, someone young who can be 1st choice for the next 5+ years.

He's been the most important player this club's had since the takeover. I hope to fuck he stays.
he was. The old Yaya would destroy the current Yaya and he wrecks our team. It's ridiculous we haven't replaced him and talk of extending his contract makes it clear there are still no plans to replace him. I appreciate he's a one off, but we don't need a clone of Yaya, we just need a box to box midfielder or a holding midfielder to allow KDB and Silva to play their game. Fernandinho is now 32 so a midfielder is needed. Patching up old players and hoping they can go on and on is not what a team with City's ambitions should be doing. Hopefully I am misinterpreting this.

Disappointing. With Gundogan on the way back, it suggests to me that City have no plans to buy a central midfielder. Remember that Fernandinho is getting on a bit so I thought we really needed another midfielder. Gundogan wasn't particularly convincing. If we have another season with Toure ambling about again, you can forget about any challenge for the title.
You wrongly assume that extending Yaya's contract is proof that we aren't going to sign a new CM this summer. Right now Yaya's fitness levels puts that of some of his contemporaries to shame especially if you factor in his age. Would you rather keep Delph and/or Fernado?
Clearly not but I would say legs in central midfield is rather important ?
We looked worse without him in the side in the second half of the season so the problems are clearly not 'down to him' like you suggest. Going into a new season, the prudent thing to do is sign a young and talented CDM and thankfully the two events of keeping Yaya and signing a CM aren't mutually exclusive.
You say he is "clearly our best dm and playmaker"
Yet only a squad player against lesser teams. Like a lot of people hoping he gets a new contract the logic is very flawed.
I'm sure the poster was simply implying that he currently is the better of the lot compared to what we have, injuries and other factors considered however going forward he can more than do a bit part job.

You wrongly assume that extending Yaya's contract is proof that we aren't going to sign a new CM this summer. Right now Yaya's fitness levels puts that of some of his contemporaries to shame especially if you factor in his age. Would you rather keep Delph and/or Fernado?
We looked worse without him in the side in the second half of the season so the problems are clearly not 'down to him' like you suggest. Going into a new season, the prudent thing to do is sign a young and talented CDM and thankfully the two events of keeping Yaya and signing a CM aren't mutually exclusive.
I'm sure the poster was simply implying that he currently is the better of the lot compared to what we have, injuries and other factors considered however going forward he can more than do a bit part job.

Famous last words but he never gets injured (wages aside) who would you rather have in the squad next year Yaya or Delph? And as you say we still have the option to sign a new CM should the right one become available.

Dimitri Seluk (ag. Yaya Touré) to TMW: "Renewal with City? Nothing is impossible, but soon he'll be a free agent and we can choose a team."

Seluk: "There are so many offers on our table to be evaluated. We are considering everything and will soon make a decision."

Seluk: "We will not consider moving to USA or China. Yaya wants to continue at a high level in Europe, playing in the Champions League."

"Bayern Munich would be a club suited to his level."

Dimitri Seluk (ag. Yaya Touré) to TMW: "Renewal with City? Nothing is impossible, but soon he'll be a free agent and we can choose a team."

Seluk: "There are so many offers on our table to be evaluated. We are considering everything and will soon make a decision."

Seluk: "We will not consider moving to USA or China. Yaya wants to continue at a high level in Europe, playing in the Champions League."

If he was leaving he would have got the same send off from the club Zabba did karen.

Him staying will already have been agreed imo and this is just Seluk doing what he does best.....gob off.

Seluk : " I am still a thoroughly annoying gobby twat who sadly who will not shut the fuck up ! " - for the purposes of accuracy .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.