Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Those figures he's quoted are utter and complete bollocks. Liverpool's wage bill was over £208m in their 2016 accounts. And they made an operating loss of over £58m before transfer dealings, even after getting to both the League Cup and Europa League finals. Those transfer dealings gave them a profit of £42m (mainly from the sale of Suarez). If it wan't for the new TV deal kicking in this season they'd be reporting huge losses.
£208m and confirmed that it wasn't including a payoff for Rodgers, so it's an operating figure.

Also our wage bill shouldn't go up by more than £10m this year - Hart, Nasri, Mangala, Bony and Demichelis should be on similar or higher wages to Jesus, Stones, Gundogan, Bravo and Nolito (probably higher but we might still be covering some of the wage cost) so there's only the surplus of around £10m between MP and Guardiola to be added before bonuses. Bonuses will also be lower this season with no trophies won and an earlier exit from the Champions League.

Yep. Those figures he's quoted are utter and complete bollocks. Liverpool's wage bill was over £208m in their 2016 accounts. And they made an operating loss of over £58m before transfer dealings, even after getting to both the League Cup and Europa League finals. Those transfer dealings gave them a profit of £42m (mainly from the sale of Suarez). If it wan't for the new TV deal kicking in this season they'd be reporting huge losses.

In his defence for posting bullshit can we all agree it wasn't his fault & light a candle.

fec066ac1e03f72633252d49d0eccd8d.png

I'm not sure if your wages you diverted to a new company house you created a couple of years are included though.

I just googled epl wages table and clicked about 5-6 links and all came up with the same numbers all sourced from March of this year.

Daily express slide show showing the same number and another newspaper has the same numbers.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/776353/Premier-League-wage-bill-2016-17-sportgalleries

I'm not sure if your wages you diverted to a new company house you created a couple of years are included though.

I just googled epl wages table and clicked about 5-6 links and all came up with the same numbers all sourced from March of this year.

Daily express slide show showing the same number and another newspaper has the same numbers.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/776353/Premier-League-wage-bill-2016-17-sportgalleries

Thats bullshit imo mate as we have made huge strides in lowering our wage bill of late whilst its accepted knowledge if not public that the rags are way out in front when it comes to paying.

You should try checking our accounts. The figure for 15/16 was around 193m, not 216. Those are independently audited figures by a team of top financial professionals based on what wages were actually paid. Not some made up figure based on what someone thinks we might have paid by the 30th June this year with no access to our records or bank.

BTW the wages of CFG staff are charged back to City and have been since CFG were created.

God knows where they've got these from but they are complete and utter bullshit pal. As I've already said there are no accounts for 2016/17 yet and won't be until at least late this year so there's no way anyone could know what the figures are. The only ones you could make a decent stab at ar United's as they publish quarterly figures. And for the years that there are accounts (all of which are freely available) your wage figure in 2015/16 was £208m and not £152m.

You should try checking our accounts. The figure for 15/16 was around 193m, not 216. Those are independently audited figures by a team of top financial professionals based on what wages were actually paid. Not some made up figure based on what someone thinks we might have paid by the 30th June this year with no access to our records or bank.

BTW the wages of CFG staff are charged back to City and have been since CFG were created.

It does say 193M for 2015-6.

PMSL. I've just checked that article in the Express and the source they've taken it from is a few years old. The figures up to 2014 are from the relevant accounts so are accurate but anything from 2015 onwards in the original article is a complete guesstimate, although they have updated the figures up to Jan 2017. However Liverpool's figures weren't made available until March so they won't be included in the updates.

That will teach you to check more carefully before quoting shit on here you fucking Scouse simpleton.

Last edited:
It does say 193M for 2015-6.
Sorry, back to front figures up front and I was on about the stupidity of quoting wage figures for a season that hasn't finished yet with no published accounts as gospel.

On that subject, have you heard Liverpool's wage bill for 2020/21 is £16 trillion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.