Liverpool 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, back to front figures up front and I was on about the stupidity of quoting wage figures for a season that hasn't finished yet with no published accounts as gospel.

On that subject, have you heard Liverpool's wage bill for 2020/21 is £16 trillion?

Yeah, the table was the other way round from a previous one!

Prospective figures are always fun. The Express article got the figures from Totalsportek blog (whoever that is, it's credited in the Express piece), which does state that figures are updated when they get them. I wonder if they (a) will update Ibrahimovic's wages from 200k, and (b) can give me the winner of next year's Grand National.

PMSL. I've just checked that article in the Express and the source they've taken it from is a few years old. The figures up to 2014 are from the relevant accounts so are accurate but anything from 2015 onwards in the original article is a complete guesstimate, although they have updated the figures up to Jan 2017. However Liverpool's figures weren't made available until March so they won't be included in the updates.

That will teach you to check more carefully before quoting shit on here you fucking Scouse simpleton.
I thought you were being a bit harsh there PB but in actual fact you've just paid him a compliment

Yeah, the table was the other way round from a previous one!

Prospective figures are always fun. The Express article got the figures from Totalsportek blog (whoever that is, it's credited in the Express piece), which does state that figures are updated when they get them. I wonder if they (a) will update Ibrahimovic's wages from 200k, and (b) can give me the winner of next year's Grand National.
I'd wonder about either Totalsportek's competence or motivations in that case, they're far too happy to ignore the previous trend of our wage bill being reduced year on year and presume a £31.2m rise.

If I was asked to give an estimate for our wages this season I'd give two figures as a range and one as an estimateand they'd be £190m-£204m, £190m to take into account the active trend, which shows a willingness on behalf of senior management to reduce the wages bill and £204m to take into account possible changes, which I've explained in a previous post. That's the range I'd expect to see going in if it was my audit and anything outside that range would require a convincing explanation. My estimation or expected figure would be £201m due to an expected increase in management wages (Guardiola).

I'd love to see the justification behind the £31.2m rise as I suspect there isn't one and it's a figure they've pulled out of their arses to satisfy an existing prejudice (that City pay the highest wages, something that is obviously no longer true).

I'll happily stand by my figures when the accounts come out.

I'd wonder about either Totalsportek's competence or motivations in that case, they're far too happy to ignore the previous trend of our wage bill being reduced year on year and presume a £31.2m rise.

If I was asked to give an estimate for our wages this season I'd give two figures as a range and one as an estimateand they'd be £190m-£204m, £190m to take into account the active trend, which shows a willingness on behalf of senior management to reduce the wages bill and £204m to take into account possible changes, which I've explained in a previous post. That's the range I'd expect to see going in if it was my audit and anything outside that range would require a convincing explanation. My estimation or expected figure would be £201m due to an expected increase in management wages (Guardiola).

I'd love to see the justification behind the £31.2m rise as I suspect there isn't one and it's a figure they've pulled out of their arses to satisfy an existing prejudice (that City pay the highest wages, something that is obviously no longer true).

I'll happily stand by my figures when the accounts come out.
Wouldn't the £31 million rise in wages this year come from paying Pep an estimated £15 million a year (Googled that figure),plus the players you signed in the summer Sane Stones Jesus Bravo and Gundogan who are all going to be on 100-150K a week each,Nolito will be on less than that core of players no doubt and you're still paying Hart's wage.

Wouldn't the £31 million rise in wages this year come from paying Pep an estimated £15 million a year (Googled that figure),plus the players you signed in the summer Sane Stones Jesus Bravo and Gundogan who are all going to be on 100-150K a week each,Nolito will be on less than that core of players no doubt and you're still paying Hart's wage.
Did Pellegrini, Nasri, Mangala, Jovetic etc work for free?

So do you think Manuel was doing the job for nothing?

And, as mentioned previously, what about Mangala, Nasri, Bony, etc, who are all out on loan? You reckon we're still paying ALL of their salaries, do you?

Look - get it through your thick fucking skull. That figure is a complete guess from 2014 and bears absolutely no relation to reality. We did move some wages out of MCFC after that but those are re-charged as expenses so the overall impact on the bottom line is minimal. But we'll probably be paying less bonuses this year so our wage bill is likely to be in the range £200m +/-£5m.

Look - get it through your thick fucking skull. That figure is a complete guess from 2014 and bears absolutely no relation to reality. We did move some wages out of MCFC after that but those are re-charged as expenses so the overall impact on the bottom line is minimal. But we'll probably be paying less bonuses this year so our wage bill is likely to be in the range £200m +/-£5m.
You know what they say mate, you can always tell a scouser you just can't tell them much.

Did Pellegrini, Nasri, Mangala, Jovetic etc work for free?
Pellgrini was on £4million a year,Nasri Mangala Hart are on loan where you're still paying a large % of their wages to Sevilla Valencia and Torino.

I'd be amazed if that was over 30% on the wages of Pep's £15 million and his backroom staff and your summer buys of Sane Stones Gundogan Jesus Nolito Bravo who are all earning 100-150k a week estimated.

I can see where the £30 million rise in wages is for this season is,you spent big last summer with some big fees with an outlay just under 170 million pounds,those players i mentioned are not on low wages plus the 15 million on Pep's annually which almost quadruples Pellegrini's wage,so it's obvious how your wages went up from the previous year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.