Ref for Watford

Struggling to see Moss as bent tbh. Fat and incompetent are different matters
Agreed. Bent would include Twattenberg, Altyboy, possibly Lee Mason. Bottlers would be Madley and Oliver. Those that I would describe as simply incompetent would cover a good number of the performances of the rest with the exception of Mike Dean and Atkinson whose performances have been generally above average. Just my observations over the season. I tend to watch about 6/7 full games over the weekends Nov- May on BeIN Sport.
However having watched every single City game (only 1 at the ground) the tinted glasses come on and they are all absolutely shite and biased against us.

Moss has only done two league games for us this season (home wins against Bournemouth and Hull). By contrast, he's done quite a few Watford games; think this will be his fifth. He booked two people in each of our games and, naturally, sent off Nolito, but he's averaging about five bookings a game for Watford. They are a very physical side, verging on the dirty in my book, so having someone who has handled them a few times and is not averse to booking them might not be such a bad thing. Just know I'm going to regret typing this...
No reason for regret, you make interesting points. We can hope, but who knows how it will pan out on Sunday.

Think the "Alty Fan" did our Cup game at Huddersfield. Don't think they would dare give him another of our Prem matches.

Possibly. i've looked, and the BBC list it as 'Andy Taylor', although he doesn't seem to exist in any other place, it may be an error and so you may well be right.

That he's not been on home or away suggests deliberate policy.

Discussing the ref for our games is like trying to decide who your favourite serial killer was!

They are all fucking bent and yes, i wear my tinfoil hat with pride!

Yer won't need a tin hat, BI. I agree wholeheartedly. We have had the worst batch of refs' performances, and lino performances, too, this season. Quite dreadful! The ref last night had an easy time and little to contend or arbitrate. At one point we had 74% of the possession but had also committed near on 60% of the fouls. Seems every tackle is called foul!

I just had a look at the football is fixed website and one of the early bits concerns Jon Moss as follows:

"...MOBgate, the collusion between football agent and professional gambler, John Colquhoun, and referee Jonathan Moss which resulted in a set of insider traded events that would occur by chance once every 93 billion years (our universe is 13.8 billion years old) was a private affair (doing a little deal down the Moss)..."

(Incidentally John Colquhoun's football agency Key Sports has a few footballers but his most expensive player is Liverpool's Jordan Henderson)

Last edited:
I just had a look at the football is fixed website and one of the early bits concerns Jon Moss as follows:

"...MOBgate, the collusion between football agent and professional gambler, John Colquhoun, and referee Jonathan Moss which resulted in a set of insider traded events that would occur by chance once every 93 billion years (our universe is 13.8 billion years old) was a private affair (doing a little deal down the Moss)..."

(Incidentally John Colquhoun's football agency Key Sports has a few footballers but his most expensive player is Liverpool's Jordan Henderson)
Interesting can you post a link to this site as could not find it thanks

Agreed. Bent would include Twattenberg, Altyboy, possibly Lee Mason. Bottlers would be Madley and Oliver. Those that I would describe as simply incompetent would cover a good number of the performances of the rest with the exception of Mike Dean and Atkinson whose performances have been generally above average. Just my observations over the season. I tend to watch about 6/7 full games over the weekends Nov- May on BeIN Sport.
However having watched every single City game (only 1 at the ground) the tinted glasses come on and they are all absolutely shite and biased against us.

I've been at the Etihad all season and yer dead right, ZW. They're shite. There's a few who make up and guess the incidents which leads people to think of brown envelopes placed in boots, the timid and timorous, and those who would have trouble arbitrating a game of tiddlywinks. All in all, this season has been a sewage farm of effluent. Just hope Jonny at the weekend might restore my faith in refs. The kind of faith I use to have when Les Tirebuck had the whistle.

Interesting can you post a link to this site as could not find it thanks

Various places on websites. This is pretty complicated from 2015, but;
https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forum...ed-and-not-a-whisper-from-anyone#.WR1ggmjyvcs

It does have this in it:

"Mr Moss has a relationship with leading agent and professional gambler John Colquhoun which stretches back over two decades to their time together as players at Sunderland.
After relegation from the Premier League in 2005/06, Colquhoun took on the role of club agent at West Brom.
Prior to the re-establishment of themselves as a Premier League team, WBA had Jon Moss as referee on 7 occasions from 2005/06 onwards.
West Brom won all 7 matches with 7 penalties or sendings off in their favour and none against - this stretches to 11 in favour and none against if the EPL era included. Moss is still to give a penalty or sending off against the Albion in 18 events in total since 2005/06."

I agree that Atkinson and Dean are the two i'd always want. They're not perfect, but they do appear to be their own men.

Oliver and Taylor are scrambling for First Ref position not Clattenburg has run away.

This season, from 33 matches, Oliver has had Liverpool and Spurs 7 times each, and two other teams 6x and 5x.
Altrincham has had Utd 6x from 30 matches.

Even allowing for Oliver not reffing the North East teams often, those numbers are very high. Obviously the senior refs will get the big/high tension matches, but Atkinson hasn't had anyone more than 4 times (from 27 matches), and Dean's most is Leicester 5 times (from 30 matches).

Of course, it might be entirely coincidental the way the refs have been assigned.

Might.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.