Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Steven N'zonzi.
Was just a midfield enforcer when at Stoke but he has added a lot to his game,particularly his passing,positioning and movement,under Sampaoli, another one of Bielsa's disciples just like Pep.

I agree, has developed into a fantastic player

Need to add some physicality in midfield, not the 5'5ers that some have been suggesting

Would be fantastic. Would Pep want him as the pivot or a more advanced role?
This guy can play literally everywhere, but DM is his favourite position, and Pep was moulding him for this role.
Edit: sometimes Pep used him to repair holes in defence, as CB.

Pep would play him as pivot, for sure.

This guy can play literally everywhere, but DM is his favourite position, and Pep was moulding him for this role.
Edit: sometimes Pep used him to repair holes in defence, as CB.

Yeah saw this thread before the Kimmich thread with the same tweet you shared Andrew. All this speculation about potentially going for Walker and Semedo at right back, but we know Pep likes to have smaller squads featuring more versatile players and if Kimmich is available I could see us going for Walker and him while loaning Maffeo to Girona for another year if they make La Liga.

On a separate note, with Sule going to Bayern and Ancelotti preferring to play Hummels and Martinez at CB do either of you think we might actually see Boateng return this summer? I wouldn't be opposed.

do either of you think we might actually see Boateng return this summer? I wouldn't be opposed.
Me neither, would be a great addition. Heard Pep has some gentlemans agreement with the board to not pursue Bayern players, so not sure about possibility of snatching Kimmich.

Me neither, would be a great addition. Heard Pep has some gentlemans agreement with the board to not pursue Bayern players, so not sure about possibility of snatching Kimmich.

Yeah I know that was being widely reported last season and last summer. These are a little different circumstances though, as it doesn't seem like we are the ones initiating the interest with either. They both want more playing time and know that their last manager loved them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.