Our PR department and the media

Call me cynical but I think they're purposely using this pic because of empty seats. It's the away end. You can imagine the comments. Reposted this morning but last night it was full of the usual.

Call me cynical but I think they're purposely using this pic because of empty seats. It's the away end. You can imagine the comments. Reposted this morning but last night it was full of the usual.

Yes, I think you're being overly cynical!

I think the BBC coverage of this has been pretty good.

So it seems Bayern are taking legal action over a Stuttgart newspaper, after they reported Kimmich was unhappy with the lack of game time he was getting, and that he would be coming to us.
Bayern's chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has branded the rumours as a "massive fallacy".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39943369

Now I don't really like Karl-Heinz as he's not been shy of spouting nonsense about our club in the past, but I respect the guy for taking it to the papers, and it's the one thing that has annoyed me really with Khaldoon, the fact that the media over here has got away with spouting so much bullshit about our players and the club, yet no action gets taken against them.

I'd like to see City be a bit more stern with the media, instead of just lapping it up and taking it on the chin.

How does Bluemoon differ to a newspaper / online edition? Freedom of speech and legal suits for libel / slander are polar opposites. There are plenty of media organisations that have been effectively closed down in the past for asking awkward questions. Of course there is also a lot of bad journalism but better to have free journalism which is 95% garbage than no journalism at all. There is also the argument that most of the media are owned by huge companies or run by the state so the idea that the opinion that publish is independent is misleading.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.