Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus christ.

Who gives a shit was issues there are if it's causing people to play out of their skins to stay in the team.

Last I checked we had 4 top drawer strikers then and we won stuff.

Also it's some serious rewriting of history to say we did well with 4 world class strikers. One of them fucked off on holiday for 6 months he was enjoying it so much and we essentially went pretty much the entire season without him. Then the following season when we actually had 4 strikers, we were pretty wank and by the end of the season we faced a players revolt. I don't remember much "Playing out of their skin to stay in the team", more sulking like mard arses when they weren't. But other than that it was a rousing success.

And say Pep wants Sanchez. He knows a thing or two about squad building and trophy winning, no?

Yes Pep does build teams there is also the potential Zlatan Ibrahimovic situation looming if Sanchez does sign for us.

Lol Sané & Raz are alright but Alexis is many levels ahead of them both..When Nolito and Navas leave,we're desperately short.Don't have anyone else bar Sane and Raz even if Roberts comes back..For where we want to be ie.Madrid levels,we should be aiming to always improve the XI if an interesting player is on the move ie.Alexis,not.replace average players with squad fillers.
Juve/Madrid fans don't complain about having 'too good' players on the bench..A reason why they are the benchmark in Europe.
Miss the days when we had 4 strikers in the squad,all match winners on their day.

Also it's some serious rewriting of history to say we did well with 4 world class strikers. One of them fucked off on holiday for 6 months he was enjoying it so much and we essentially went pretty much the entire season without him. Then the following season when we actually had 4 strikers, we were pretty wank and by the end of the season we faced a players revolt. I don't remember much "Playing out of their skin to stay in the team", more sulking like mard arses when they weren't. But other than that it was a rousing success.

Dzeko banged in goals.

Aguero banged in goals.

Tevez banged in goals.

Balotelli was happy to be Balotelli(whatever that was).

We won the FA Cup and the prem title.

How these players felt about their roles is the job of the manager to manage them. But all 4 contributed and other than the Tevez fight, all went great.

Look around the top teams in Europe. Stacked with stars. Since that title season our depth has mainly been Scott Sinclair level.

Dzeko banged in goals.

Aguero banged in goals.

Tevez banged in goals.

Balotelli was happy to be Balotelli(whatever that was).

We won the FA Cup and the prem title.

How these players felt about their roles is the job of the manager to manage them. But all 4 contributed and other than the Tevez fight, all went great.

Look around the top teams in Europe. Stacked with stars. Since that title season our depth has mainly been Scott Sinclair level.
"Tevez banged in goals" seems like a slightly one eyed view of his season. Not sure I'd count 4 goals in a year as banging them in either, especially as three were in the same rout

Yes, there is also the potential Zlatan Ibrahimovic situation.

Not sure what exactly you are insinuating, but my point is that it's largely irrelevant if you feel we don't need, and thus shouldn't sign, Sanchez if Pep feels the opposite.

You are concerned if we have too many attacking players then they'll all be unhappy about playtime. What about too many defenders, or midfielders, or goalkeepers? Pep has kept the same team from game to game only twice this season, yet I don't hear anyone scrambling for the door. Every single player on the squad has been benched, for performance, more than once this season.

Meanwhile, we have players who can adapt and play multiple positions even within the same game. Sanchez is such a player and, if Pep wants him, I'm sure we would have no problem finding space for him and the rest of our players to great success.

Not sure what exactly you are insinuating, but my point is that it's largely irrelevant if you feel we don't need, and thus shouldn't sign, Sanchez if Pep feels the opposite.

You are concerned if we have too many attacking players then they'll all be unhappy about playtime. What about too many defenders, or midfielders, or goalkeepers? Pep has kept the same team from game to game only twice this season, yet I don't hear anyone scrambling for the door. Every single player on the squad has been benched, for performance, more than once this season.

Meanwhile, we have players who can adapt and play multiple positions even within the same game. Sanchez is such a player and, if Pep wants him, I'm sure we would have no problem finding space for him and the rest of our players to great success.

This for starters. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...tolerate-substituted-even-arsenal-four-goals/

Barcelona are harmonious and balanced? Haha!
They were when they were successful, they've gone to shit since they lost that harmony. Much like how Real were shit for a decade when they were full of in fighting, then have been dominant since has come in and got them on the same page. You can have success with a dressing room with issues, but you very rarely get sustained success without everyone pulling in the same direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.