Transport idea - yay or nay?

Imagine being stuck in traffic for an hour and foolishly asking Marvin what he thought of Agueros performance?
You might have an interesting discussion. That's what football is about. Anyone can have an opinion about it.

It's just an idea, but one which is certainly doable if you, the match going Blue were to embrace it, even just an initial trial.

Yes you'd come across the odd numpty, but if you've ever done away days you'll know it's far more funny/enjoyable being on a coach with the odd character rather than sitting in silence.

More probability though of you meeting everyday people (BlueMoan is not an accurate representation of City Supporters haha)

But a post further up suggests the Tram has improved recently.
Now I haven't used it for a long time for a match so I can't judge this services current adequacy

This idea I have though is free.
Unless you request petrol money if car pooling yourself.
And you'd be in comfort of a vehicle rather than public transport.
Is that you Jeremy?

You might have an interesting discussion. That's what football is about. Anyone can have an opinion about it.

I was only joking pal. I enjoy your posts but do not always agree with them and, as you say, you are more than entitled to yours.

I think it is a very good idea, I have just moved to Dane Bank and am not from this area. I have to rely on the missus to drop me off because obviously I need to have a drink to watch City but I am sure she will get pissed off with this soon. So I would appreciate a lift off any locals.

Imagine being stuck in traffic for an hour and foolishly asking Marvin what he thought of Agueros performance?
S4XnIV.gif

The club introduce a Car-bus Pooling online system that would show designated points on a Google Map, where transport is setting off to the match from.

So rather than you driving to the match in a car with 5 seats only having one person in it, one could offer a lift on this online portal, specific time and place, turn up and there you have it - a full car and less vehicles on the road.

This portal would be cross referenced with the supporter numbers, as you'd have to declare your RSVP for a place in the vehicle, and also the Driver could possibly get extra Loyalty Points for offering the service?

At the moment there are a few organised coach/minibus runs from Supporter Clubs/groups around the country but I often see plenty of people commuting to the match, and they have plenty of space in their vehicles.
Yes many will be coming straight from work, going to work after the game etc...

But many could also carpool.
And with this online portal which would show availability of car pools, it would make it far easier to get a lift, or offer a lift to fellow blues in your area.

Maybe even free parking permits for designated carpoolers?
By Entering vehicle Reg. on this portal

As I noted, there would be exceptions as to why not everyone going to the match via a vehicle on their own could be involved in this, but for me it would significantly help.

Thoughts...

Also known as a bus.

Could the club not just introduce more specific park and ride points. For example, straight from the airport or outside Piccadilly, or different points on the outskirts of the city that leave every half hour and only a few ££.

I googled some known park and ride points in manchester: Brooklands, Stretford, Navigation Road, Bury, Crumpsall, Prestwich, Radcliffe, Whitefield, East Didsbury, Ladywell, Hollinwood, Oldham Mumps, Rochdale Rail Station, Derker and Shaw and Crompton stops.

City have virgin trains as a train partner but do we have a bus partner other than the players coach?

I fly in from Belfast and usually have a few hours either side of the game but sometimes it can be as short as 60-70 mins from plane to seat. A taxi is £20-25 straight to the ground but there is match day traffic so maybe walk the last half mile. If there is a few blues on the flight we would sometimes taxi-pool to save time and money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.