Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wont survive this.

His very own watergate in the making.
He will unfortunately, he's long satisfied the grounds for impeachment but Congress haven't acted, presumably the republicans are that happy to be back in the white house that he's got Carte Blanche to do whatever the fuck he likes.

Special prosecutor announced. Comey to testify publicly. R Reps might be ok with Trump but the Senate Rs are just about breaking rank.

It, as they say, is happening.
Not to be pedantic, but it is a Special Counsel, not Prosecutor. The difference is that a Special Prosecutor waspart of a law that was allowed to expire in 1999, and made the SP a world unto himself and beholden to no one but the law of the land. It can allow the investigation to go wherever the facts take him. For instance, the Clinton/Starr investigation started out as a sweetheart land deal and ended up with Monica, the cigar tube and a stained blue dress...wherever it takes you.

Believe it or not, Trump can still fire the Special Counsel, as it is simply someone brought in to do a supposedly independent investigation of the facts under the Department of Justice. If he tried it, I think the Trump White House would instantly implode.

Tonight, we hear there is a recording of the leader of the Republicans (Kevin McCarthy) in Congress telling another Republican that he thinks Putin was paying Trump and another Republican!?!

We are literally in uncharted territory. There have been internal wrangling before, but this is of another order.

Not to be pedantic, but it is a Special Counsel, not Prosecutor. The difference is that a Special Prosecutor waspart of a law that was allowed to expire in 1999, and made the SP a world unto himself and beholden to no one but the law of the land. It can allow the investigation to go wherever the facts take him. For instance, the Clinton/Starr investigation started out as a sweetheart land deal and ended up with Monica, the cigar tube and a stained blue dress...wherever it takes you.

Believe it or not, Trump can still fire the Special Counsel, as it is simply someone brought in to do a supposedly independent investigation of the facts under the Department of Justice. If he tried it, I think the Trump White House would instantly implode.

Tonight, we hear there is a recording of the leader of the Republicans (Kevin McCarthy) in Congress telling another Republican that he thinks Putin was paying Trump and another Republican!?!

We are literally in uncharted territory. There have been internal wrangling before, but this is of another order.

And here is the transcript. Probably out of the Kremlin :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/national/read-the-transcript-of-the-conversation-among-gop-leaders-obtained-by-the-post/2209/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_transcript-6pm:homepage/story

Edit: I just have to say that I have never paid much attention to US politics before, but this, with apologies to any of our American friends who are actually living in the middle of it, is great entertainment :)

He will unfortunately, he's long satisfied the grounds for impeachment but Congress haven't acted, presumably the republicans are that happy to be back in the white house that he's got Carte Blanche to do whatever the fuck he likes.

Dog eats dog perfectly explains American politics and whilst i see what you say has some merits, even within his own party those with aspirations of power will be seeing this as the perfect storm to get rid of a rival and if it means some short term pain for the party for their own long term gain then so be it.

He is losing support by the hour.

I've come to the conclusion that America has problems that I cannot solve for it.
Can I be the first to welcome you to Bluemoon Mr. President.

Don't worry because we know everything on here so just ask and you'll get an answer. But if Congress gives you any problems then you'll generally find that bricking their windows and setting fire to the place will solve most issues.

Can I be the first to welcome you to Bluemoon Mr. President.

Don't worry because we know everything on here so just ask and you'll get an answer. But if Congress gives you any problems then you'll generally find that bricking their windows and setting fire to the place will solve most issues.

You forgot about smashing in the back door PB.

I've come to the conclusion that America has problems that I cannot solve for it.

I love being near to you, America, but I don't love everything you do, or say, or think.

When you openly allow your politicians to be paid personally for their services, decade after decade, it makes me feel angry, and confused.

There are bad people in your life America. They say you are this one thing, and that we are another, but they are only interested in making you scared so that you listen to them, when they tell you what you want to hear.

I know part of you is very scared right now, and that's why you are acting this way, and I'm very sorry about that... but I feel that when you are listening to them, you don't listen to us, or the other people who have truly loved you.

I can't be part of your world until that changes.
That's got to be one of the weirdest posts I've seen on here.

The material that Trump is alleged to have blabbed to the Russians was classified as "Codeword"; the highest level of security classification. Another level above Top S£cret.
To pass highly classified information to a third party, in this case Russia without the express permission of the source Nation is in intelligence terms probably as bad as it gets. This breach will have put lives at risk, no doubt.

Trump appears to have shot himself in the foot and done what many predicted because he talks too much with little or no morality or shame. And to think that the only other option the USA had was Hillary Clinton, they were politically dead in the water whoever they chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.