Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that stand out is the inability to understand that as a country we do not take bullying lying down, we are more than willing and able to say "OK, f*ck you then" to their silly little games.

Thank god we've got the monopoly on British phlegm! the Krauts and Frogs will soon realise just how fucked they are.

I can get creative if you like, I'm good with words me.

I suspect it was always them not us with you. We went to them for concessions because "they" hold the power over us. The use of words is important, it frames an argument and a mind set.

"Cameron came back from the EU without any concessions" it isn't a difficult set of words. Placing spin on facts and extrapolating that you have deduced a meaning that wasn't there behind them isn't impressive, quite the opposite.

I see Merkel is suggesting that if we remove the right of free movement of people there will be a retaliation of sorts, which I understand. But her reference to the "We will keep an eye on the people who voted to remain" is a little on the ominous side in my opinion.
IMO, she and the EU leaders, are still hoping that events can unfold in the UK that leads to another vote of some sort and provides the opportunity for the EU to offer the sort of support that they are likely now wishing they had offered Cameron.

They will be increasingly worried that the 48% is now 22% and would not want the UK population becoming increasingly anti-EU. This can also help our negotiating position. I reckon Juncker's days are numbered - at least in terms of being the decision maker

"Cameron came back from the EU without any concessions" it isn't a difficult set of words. Placing spin on facts and extrapolating that you have deduced a meaning that wasn't there behind them isn't impressive, quite the opposite.

Oh dear, doesn't look like I'm going to get an extension on my contract. Strangely enough, I suspect that's exactly what the UK will get.

IMO, she and the EU leaders, are still hoping that events can unfold in the UK that leads to another vote of some sort and provides the opportunity for the EU to offer the sort of support that they are likely now wishing they had offered Cameron.

They will be increasingly worried that the 48% is now 22% and would not want the UK population becoming increasingly anti-EU. This can also help our negotiating position. I reckon Juncker's days are numbered - at least in terms of being the decision maker

More divination....

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.