Diving bans approved

B B

blueinsa

As of next season players can be banned for diving with a panel consisting of an ex official, an ex manager and an ex player deciding fate.

Luckily for the Rags it will be Webb, Baconface and Phil Neville.

Fat Sam has this one right, open to abuse, no mechanism to reverse decisions where a player has been wrongly punished for diving during a match and having a video referee on the day is a much better solution.

Fat Sam has this one right, open to abuse, no mechanism to reverse decisions where a player has been wrongly punished for diving during a match and having a video referee on the day is a much better solution.
For once i agree with him,just have a video ref and take the decision at the time
I think this is just another stalling of bringing in the video refs

Agree, this is open to absolute abuse and you just know that certain players will never be sanctioned for it regardless.

I want a compliance officer like in Scotland who makes the list and is available to the media once a week.
I want the list to be reviewed each week to be published.
I want the votes to be published for rejected cases (if they're all rejected by the player for example).
That's all transparency.

I'd like to know the panel, but accept this won't happen.

I'd like there to be an agreed obvious signal from a player to be given immediately that he avoided possible injury rather than was diving. From those, no foul, no follow-up action.

Just another way for the FA to selectively punish certain players and teams while turning a blind eye to others. What odds do you reckon we could get on us being the most punished club and the rags the least by this new initiative?

Is it just for pens or all over the pitch? Also do u get sent off if a ref thinks u dive or is it still a yellow? Just know we are gonna get shafted with this.

Is it just for pens or all over the pitch? Also do u get sent off if a ref thinks u dive or is it still a yellow? Just know we are gonna get shafted with this.
Penalty and red card incidents only afaik, as it's supposed to be based on the SPL version. Makes it even more ludicrous that they're not using video instead.

Penalty and red card incidents only afaik, as it's supposed to be based on the SPL version. Makes it even more ludicrous that they're not using video instead.

Presumably video replay has the problems of selective (and possibly misleading) angles being available (anyone trust Sky?), added to the standard basis of the ref's decision being the last word on the pitch.

Presumably video replay has the problems of selective (and possibly misleading) angles being available (anyone trust Sky?), added to the standard basis of the ref's decision being the last word on the pitch.
No, I don't think that has anything to do with it tbh...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.