Last Film You Saw

Yes mate, there was a fair degree of sarcasm in my last post :)
I gathered. :) Still for someone who apparently loves the original it was a bit of an odd comment to make since none of the alien films can be compared in terms of plot in that way to the examples you gave. It's apples and oranges mate, that's not what alien has ever been about, so your expectations were not "high" just the wrong expectations.

I was only saying it wasn't actually that bad in my opinion so I don't quite get the sarcasm(I realise I am in the minority but I did show a capacity to articulate why with some thought put into it if I do say so myself). It's clearly not on par with Alien or Aliens nobody is saying that, it was a prequel, there are no Aliens in it everybody knew that there wouldn't be and it had a slightly different vibe to it as a result. It's a beginning so you don't go from nothing to the chaos a face huger can cause in an instant. It explains some of the origins while leaving some of the mystery(a discovery and adventure feel to it for me but I guess it was a bit of a tease since some things are vaguely hinted at and not really delved into to keep that mystery) which some think is necessary to keep and others want all cleared up. Some writers said it was hazy storytelling(which is why I suggested the fan edits) but the explanation in my spoiler shows there was enough of a plot there to give you an idea of what was going on and the new film leaves off some time after there from what I've read, so a good chance to fill in some gaps for those who pay enough attention.

Last edited:
Alien Covenant bang average horror movie, 6/10 very predictable and really doesn't advance the alien franchise at all, I was hoping for more about the engineers but Ridley should let someone else take over or stop altogether. I liked the premise of Prometheus and where it could have led to, unfortunately I think Alien and Aliens is the peak of the franchise now.

Watched Win It All on Netflix a few days ago and it's not bad, only about an hour and a half too. Any fellow gamblers may enjoy it

Watched The good, the bad and the ugly last night. Hadnt seen it for several years. What a great film. Cant see anyone ever remaking it as to do so you would have to think you could better it. Probably why its not been done? Eli Wallach turns in a great petformance.

Watched The good, the bad and the ugly last night. Hadnt seen it for several years. What a great film. Cant see anyone ever remaking it as to do so you would have to think you could better it. Probably why its not been done? Eli Wallach turns in a great petformance.

Greatest film of all time

'See you soon id,, idd,,,'

King Arthur Guy Ritchie film lock stock meets sword and sorcery not as bad as critics say 7/10 thought the soundtrack and sound were very good.
Sleepless Jamie Farr 6.5/10 not bad easy watch great copy on kodi

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.