Matchday Metrolink Season Ticket

It does, it will be the same trams coming from Ashton

If the new parking restrictions are in force, it maybe that I use the tram to and from Altrincham
I walk away from the stadium in that direction and have never seen a queue at the ASDA stop, which is why I asked
It'll save me joining the pandemonium crush at the stadium stop

i use the metrolink for work and i feel like shooting myself.
That's why the stadiums Empty... Suicide has increased due to The Metrolink ;)

Any one here used the season for the recent West Brom and Leicester matches?
Would like your views on the service please.
I haven't used it for awhile for a match and was wondering if it has improved.

I guess it depends which way you are coming from....

I travel from Old Trafford tram stop to Etihad.

Before the game its not too bad as long as you are planning to arrive at the game more than 30 minutes prior to kickoff and there are no improvement works on that day (the replacement buses are an absolute waste of time). If you are planning to arrive closer to kickoff expect to miss the start due to overcrowded trams and the queues outside the ground, especially if you are South Stand as you have to include the 5 minute walk round.

After the game - Holt Town and VeloCity are both closed - and boarding at the Etihad stop can take 30-45 minutes unless you leave early (and I mean 10-15 minutes early), and even then you can wait 10-20 minutes for a tram to actually turn up. In most cases it's quicker to walk to town and get the tram home from there...but that defeats the point.

Personally I now completely avoid the tram - if I leave at the full time whistle (South Stand) and walk round to the tram and wait, it takes well over an hour for me to get to Stretford including queuing times.

If I get a lift home its 20-30 minutes (Thanks boys) or if I cycle I can be back in Stretty in 20-25 minutes)

I travel from Old Trafford tram stop

q3iCWqE.jpg

;-)

I guess it depends which way you are coming from....

I travel from Old Trafford tram stop to Etihad.

Before the game its not too bad as long as you are planning to arrive at the game more than 30 minutes prior to kickoff and there are no improvement works on that day (the replacement buses are an absolute waste of time). If you are planning to arrive closer to kickoff expect to miss the start due to overcrowded trams and the queues outside the ground, especially if you are South Stand as you have to include the 5 minute walk round.

After the game - Holt Town and VeloCity are both closed - and boarding at the Etihad stop can take 30-45 minutes unless you leave early (and I mean 10-15 minutes early), and even then you can wait 10-20 minutes for a tram to actually turn up. In most cases it's quicker to walk to town and get the tram home from there...but that defeats the point.

Personally I now completely avoid the tram - if I leave at the full time whistle (South Stand) and walk round to the tram and wait, it takes well over an hour for me to get to Stretford including queuing times.

If I get a lift home its 20-30 minutes (Thanks boys) or if I cycle I can be back in Stretty in 20-25 minutes)
So are you saying that trams from Ashton don't stop outside asda after the game?

If you pay on the day and particularly if you are in the south stand buy a metro/ bus day ticket for £6.70. I get the tram to the game, the bus outside the ground to Piccadilly after the game then the tram home. I find it quicker than waiting in the tram queue after the game..

Coming up from Devon I get the tram to Picc Gardens and join a tram to the Etihad from there, when the trams first started I took the tram to Clayton Hall after the game and changed there for a tram to town but after a year more people started to use the Ashton bound service to the Park and Ride at Ashton Moss so I bought a Metro Link match day card. Although its only used twix Picc Stn and the Etihad I find it good value as I need to catch my train service home to Dawlish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.