Luton away fan ban 80's

Tam

Watching the luton v Blackpool playoff and a memory came back to me ( I think ) of getting into Kenilworth road sometime mid to late 80's despite there being a ban on away fans. Did I just imagine it or was there a ban?

No you're correct
I think it followed the infamous Millwall game. I went there for the last game of the 74/5 season. The cops made you take the laces out of your docs. You could have them back at the end of the game. Impossible.

Definitely banned in 86-87 (Swales and the City directors didn't attend in protest).
We were still banned after returning to the old First division, but to be fair to the Luton fans, they used to sort a few tickets for visiting supporters.
I definitely remember a game when Redmond scored,where a local had sold us a couple of tickets in the home end, just before kick off.

Definitely banned in 86-87 (Swales and the City directors didn't attend in protest).
We were still banned after returning to the old First division, but to be fair to the Luton fans, they used to sort a few tickets for visiting supporters.
I definitely remember a game when Redmond scored,where a local had sold us a couple of tickets in the home end, just before kick off.
That would be about right. I can't remember how we got tickets, it might have been through someone in city's commercial department.

Thanks for the replies. It was one of those where I want 100% sure if it happened or not.

David Evans was the main perp.

I was at Ibrox for Rangers v Aberdeen (Souness' first goal for Rangers) on the same day that City played at Luton. I'm guessing it was around September/October 1986
The City directors had boycotted Kenilworth Road, and there was an embarrassing public slanging match between Evans and Swales on Football Focus.
Both were pricks, and neither gained any credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.