Blackpool FC

Considering how vociferous they've been in protesting against their owners and also professing their love for their club, it's a piss poor turn out for their playoff s/f against Luton tonight.
Fans are protesting at Oystons ownership and refusal to sell the club. There is a Not a Penny More (#napm) protest. Pubs here in Blackpool were packed with proper Blackpool fans who refuse to attend Bloomfield Rd and add to the Oyston families fortune. The fans voice was heard tonight by the dreadful attendance. #oystonout

Fans are protesting at Oystons ownership and refusal to sell the club. There is a Not a Penny More (#napm) protest. Pubs here in Blackpool were packed with proper Blackpool fans who refuse to attend Bloomfield Rd and add to the Oyston families fortune. The fans voice was heard tonight by the dreadful attendance. #oystonout
Yes; I've read of the fans' unhappiness with Oyston here before (by you, possibly?). And I do sympathise with their predicament. Christ knows, we've had our share of iffy/misguided/poor chairmen in the past. Though I'm not sure any were as bad as Oyston seems to be. However, wouldn't the interests of the team have been better served by the fans suspending their boycott for tonight? Teams need their fans' backing. I'm sure there'll be plenty of them travelling down to Luton for the second leg. Anyway; best of luck to them for their campaign. My earler post wasn't intended as a dig, though it does read that way.

I wonder how many would boycott if they drew the rags or Dippers in the cup.

They'll take loads to Wembley if they get through; does any of the gate receipts go to the club (ie the Oysyons)?

Fair play to them. It's the only way they can get a tiny element of control of their club back.

At least they're doing something about it.

Used to work with a lifelong Blackpool fans and he was one of the most committed football fans I've ever known. I really hope they can kick out Oyston and I think the current campaign is brilliant and will eventually win.

Well done Blackpool! Glad they beat Luton, still hate them from Pleat dancing on the pitch.

Blackpool have just beaten Luton town at their place with almost the last kick of the game 3-3 on the night; 5-6 on aggregate to qualify for the League 2 play off final. Luton were 3-1 up.

Great last 30 minutes to that match, Luton striker dived to win a pen that put them ahead on aggregate but then Blackpool equalised and got the winner in the 94th minute from a corner.
If I was Danny Hylton, I'd steer clear of Twitter. Then again, blatant cheating obviously doesn't bother him, so insults on social media probably won't bother him either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.