Luton away fan ban 80's

was a good 1500-2000 of us there one game when away fans were banned, behind one goal and down one side, may have been when we snatched a 2-2 drasw near the end?

Memory could be failing me though.

was a good 1500-2000 of us there one game when away fans were banned, behind one goal and down one side, may have been when we snatched a 2-2 drasw near the end?

10 of us hired a box down the side in the name of a conservative association.

It happened to be next to the mid Beds conservative box which was funded by Evans.

Pre match the came in to say 'hello' to some of Dentons finest.

MAYHEM. They didn't know what hit them,literally. It was a one way food fight.

When we equalised at the end the dividing wall went down & we 'joined' them for afternoon tea.

PS....the TVs came home with us too

Who says we have no history !!

This is that game, Reid's first officially as manager, you can see him waving at the City fans in that corner section at the start of the vid.

Only read as far as page one so sorry if repeated.
David Evans was not only Luton's chairman but also a tory MP and a thatcherite
Full credit to a group of Luton fans who bought membership cards with the aim of selling them on to away fans
The fanzine Blue Print urged City fans going to the game to set off a blue balloon just before kick off as away of letting the team know there were City fans in the ground. Piccadilly Radio's reporter confirmed jut on kick off that hundreds of blue balloons blew across the pitch

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.