Who's the greatest ?

gordondaviesmoustache

Seen it debated plenty, but not sure I've ever seen a thread on the subject: who's the best player to grace the City shirt?

Only saw Colin Bell after his return from injury, when, I'm told, he was the shadow of his former self; but in terms of players you've seen in the flesh who's the best to wear the sky blue?

For me, as a player, it's Yaya. That doesn't mean I respect or admire him as much as David or Sergio; on that score they piss all over him, but in term of contribution on the pitch, it's got to be the big fella, if only by a hair's breadth.

Who's your greatest City player of all time?

Anyone who saw him play will say Peter Doherty. I'm not one of those who saw him play by the way but the late Sidney Rose, who was associated with the club for many, many years said that Doherty was head and shoulders the best player we'd ever had. So did Cyril Mintz.

Yaya has undoubtedly had the more impressive big games and scored the important goals. I can't look past Silva though. He plays the game how I believe it should be played and has put a smile on my face more times whilst I've been following City than any other player.

Obviously I can only go off those I've seen in the flesh.

I think it's hard to compare different players from different generations as the game as progressed so much. Being 29, I grew up watching the dross of the 90s and even early noughties so would obviously be a player of the current era. Unsure as to who is pick though.

Too young for bell et al. Started going the match mid 80's.
We've had imo some very very good players. Hart and zaba come to mind straight away. Then we have had what i class as truly world class players .that i think on their day could walk into any side. They are kompany,yaya,aguero,tevez and silva. For me its david silva.a truly exceptional player who makes it all look so easy.

A previous poster is right to say its always difficult to compare players of different eras and i remember Colin Bell at his peak but for me its got to be David Silva.

World Cup winner, European Championships double winner, truly great player, modest and model professional.

Many people forget even Fergie in his most bitter period of management said he wished he had signed him but he didnt realise how good he actually is.

Make the most of watching him... hes irreplaceable!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.