Transfer Window dates

Manchester1894

The transfer window opens Friday 9 June and closes 11pm Thursday 31st August
France, Germany, Italy and Spain open on June 1st and shut August 31st.
19th June to September 14th for China to prolong the agony.

Now considering Spain seems to get pretty much all the top targets.. should we open it sooner?

China annoys me, just prolongs the pain of the window. Which I love and hate in equal measures.

Doesn't matter when it opens it's only for registration, doesn't stop deals being done before.

Its no big deal. 9 days at the start is nothing really. I think the window should be shorter to let players and managers have proper holidays. I'd go with 1st July to end August. Top clubs should be getting stuff done way before the league kicks off.

Should open on the day after the season closes and close the day before the new season starts.
Is the correct answer. All windows should close before the seasons start. Clubs have enough time to get the business sorted without waiting until the last few hours. Any decent player who cares would want a full pre season with a new club

The transfer window opens Friday 9 June and closes 11pm Thursday 31st August
France, Germany, Italy and Spain open on June 1st and shut August 31st.
19th June to September 14th for China to prolong the agony.

Now considering Spain seems to get pretty much all the top targets.. should we open it sooner?

China annoys me, just prolongs the pain of the window. Which I love and hate in equal measures.
It opens July 1st surely?

Edit: ahh -

Although, in England, the transfer window formally opens on 1 July, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played. However, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.