Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

William Carvalho bid to be made very soon apparently.
http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/19...le-bid-for-sporting-cp-pair-in-the-next-days/

As I have said before he isn't quick enough to be a single DM in the Premier League. He would probably be an excellent choice in a pair. but not on his own.
Indeed I'm not sure a single pivot will work in a league of whippets. Very fast full backs will help - but even then I'm not sure it will work.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/05/19...le-bid-for-sporting-cp-pair-in-the-next-days/

As I have said before he isn't quick enough to be a single DM in the Premier League. He would probably be an excellent choice in a pair. but not on his own.
Indeed I'm not sure a single pivot will work in a league of whippets. Very fast full backs will help - but even then I'm not sure it will work.

I don't like 2 holders. 4231 is archaic now. Everyone knows how to setup against it.

Single pivot has produced all our best football, and with a better pair of fullbacks, and a keeper on form we'd have won the league with it.

Carvalho's lack of speed is greatly exaggerated. He's not fast, but he's the kind of player who gets around it with good positioning and great passing. I have a suspiscion (based on nothing) that he's our alternative if Yaya decides to leave, because he'd be a perfect replacement for this season's Yaya.

Last edited:
Single pivot has produced all our best football, and with a better pair of fullbacks, and a keeper on form we'd have won the league with it.

Carvalho's lack of speed is greatly exaggerated. He's not fast, but he's the kind of player who gets around it with good positioning and great positioning. I have a suspiscion (based on nothing) that he's our alternative if Yaya decides to leave, because he'd be a perfect replacement for this season's Yaya.
Had exactly the same thought mate :-) Great minds and all that you know.

for Dm we need an additional just like de jong type of player, a worrior, Radja Nainggolan from AS Roma would be fit ..

Veratti please.

another midget in midfield? no thanks.
for sure he will be great playing alongside other midfielder in 4231.
but if he's playing in a single pivot system like City, he will get crush physically by opponents.

DM already set - Fabinho and Dinho.
wish Yaya stay for one more season, he still can dictates play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.