Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, Sandro is a consensus top three fullback in football and Walker is often cited as the best RB in the PL, comes from a direct rival and has English tariff. Throw on top that neither are available from selling clubs and that City have to pay a premium for being City and yeah, it's expensive.

We can fuck around and buy cheaper quite easily, but maybe, just maybe, these are the players Pep Guardiola has identified for his squad. If so, the club have an obligation to go the extra mile to get them.

In doing so, ok, they'll ruffle a few feathers of Blues who reckon we are the new rags or think they can find similar or better players for less. But honestly, this fannying around has gone on too long. We've got the money, we've got the manager, now let's get him his squad and start winning.

Why Walker is a no brainer too is because the money spent on him will not be re-invested into the squad. It'll go towards the stadium debt.

So regardless of fee, we are weakening a rival.

£60m (€70m) is the kind of money you spend on players like Belotti, Alexis Sanchez, Di Maria, Verratti, not on Kyle Walker. You don't even realize the ramifications of this for the club and on Pep's future at the club. Or just how ridiculous even this discussion is. Chelsea won the league with Victor Moses as their wingback!

Get Semedo or Emerson Palmieri from Roma for £30m, both players can play both RB and LB. Get Fabinho who can play both as DM and RB.

Last edited:
£60m (€70m) is the kind of money you spend on players like Belotti, Alexis Sanchez, Di Maria, VeYou don't even realize the ramifications of this for the club and on Pep's future at the club.

Who are you talking to?

Nobody here is signing Kyle Walker. City, under the direction of Pep, is signing (has signed, as per Jon) Kyle Walker.

We don't know how much he is going to go for. Could be £40m, could be £50m, I'd be surprised if it's as much as £60m, but Pep wants Walker and the club is getting him his man at RB.

We've waited fucking years for Pep and planned an entire global rebrand around him. We've got arguably the largest squad refresh since takeover coming up under Pep's guidance. And if you were Txiki, you'd be saying "sorry Pep, Walker's too expensive cause he's English lol. Have this kid Emerson Palmieri instead, good luck!"

If ever the club was going to start spending money on proven talent, rather than on plug-ins or projects, it's this summer.

Who are you talking to?

Nobody here is signing Kyle Walker. City, under the direction of Pep, is signing (has signed, as per Jon) Kyle Walker.

We don't know how much he is going to go for. Could be £40m, could be £50m, I'd be surprised if it's as much as £60m, but Pep wants Walker and the club is getting him his man at RB.

We've waited fucking years for Pep and planned an entire global rebrand around him. We've got arguably the largest squad refresh since takeover coming up under Pep's guidance. And if you were Txiki, you'd be saying "sorry Pep, Walker's too expensive cause he's English lol. Have this kid Emerson Palmieri instead, good luck!"

If ever the club was going to start spending money on proven talent, rather than on plug-ins or projects, it's this summer.
I agree with what you are saying but what if one day Pep asks for Neymar and Messi at £300m? Is Txiki obliged to bring them to the club too regardless of the budget? People are worried about the fee because it might have an effect on our other transfers. At the end of the day, we don't have an unlimited budget.

I agree with what you are saying but what if one day Pep asks for Neymar and Messi at £300m? Is Txiki obliged to bring them to the club too regardless of the budget? People are worried about the fee because it might have an effect on our other transfers. At the end of the day, we don't have an unlimited budget.

Pep isn't asking for Neymar and or Messi, as far as we know. He's been shown to be prudent in the extreme in these matters, ie, pulling City out of the race for Pogshit because the price was way too high.

The whole "it might have an effect on other transfers" malarkey is overblown. Kylian Mbappe at north of £100m will have an effect on other transfers. An extra 10-20m on Walker than on an equivalent RB is a drop in the ocean for a club with a potential budget of £200m and a number of players who will be sold on.

Again, if Pep wants Walker then the club will get him Walker. Seems they already have.

Pep isn't asking for Neymar and or Messi, as far as we know. He's been shown to be prudent in the extreme in these matters, ie, pulling City out of the race for Pogshit because the price was way too high.

The whole "it might have an effect on other transfers" malarkey is overblown. Kylian Mbappe at north of £100m will have an effect on other transfers. An extra 10-20m on Walker than on an equivalent RB is a drop in the ocean for a club with a potential budget of £200m and a number of players who will be sold on.

Again, if Pep wants Walker then the club will get him Walker. Seems they already have.
Fair point. I just hope Pep knows what he is doing. This is a big season coming up for us and that Bravo transfer still haunts me.

You seem to be under the impression that Pep and Txiki don't speak to each other except when Pep goes "Get me..."
Pep will know exactly how much the budget is and they'll have discussed who they want to spend it on and how much they're prepared to spend on each of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.