Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Come of it man! ;) You are flapping sorry("oh woe is me it's a crisis it's the facts" haha)... this season the football has been better, I only care about the PL, CL and to a lesser extent the FA cup...

So let me get this straight you are honestly telling me:
a) Finishing on 66pts playing flat football worrying if there were any clauses in Pep's contract should we fail to reach top 4,
b) Winning the League Cup(it's nice to say you won something but come on),
c) Getting to the semi finals of the CL in uninspiring fashion and then bowing out with a whimper with no positives to take from our performances on the whole.

You're telling me that last season was better than this season? We've had our best performances in the Champions League since we entered it for me, most enjoyable run we've had even if we did throw it away at Monaco it's actually been exciting. We've done a damn site better in the league(so have a few teams unfortunately) which is a much better measure than the League Cup and you know it. I'm looking forward to next season, it will be what this season might look like if Pep wasn't left with so many replacements to make... he arrived with Bony, Mangala(I do think he will make a good player at the right club) and an uninterested Nasri to deal with ontop of all our fullbacks going on the slide at once and Kompany out for most of the season, oh and Bravo whether it was his decision or not has been a flop.
The only thing you missed was Yaya being awol for the first 3 months of the season, all things being equal I think he's done well.

The only thing you missed was Yaya being awol for the first 3 months of the season, all things being equal I think he's done well.
Wasn't Gundogan fit when most of that was going on? I probably should have mentioned that but there were many who thought he should have gone in the summer to leave room for a replacement(I wonder how different ours and Chelsea's season would have gone if we sold Yaya and bought Kanté?).

Well there's another point two of his signings were injured for long periods(Gundogan and G. Jesus), both of them would have made a massive difference IMO. The only signing looking like a bad one is Bravo which in my book isn't bad going for your first season in charge. On paper it should have worked but as I said Bravo didn't have the youth or determination for a new challenge, it's rare as anything that a manager gets every single signing right every season because things don't pan out like they look on paper all the time in life.

Unless I'm mistaken we have the 4th best defends in the league this year.

But according to the media our defence has been a disgrace.

2 or 3 new defenders, a young midfielder and with Chelsea having Europe next year we should be challenging heavily for the title.

Can't wait.
Doesn't mean we have the fourth best defence because only 3 teams let in less. It means we have the 4th best defensive record based on goals conceded - completely different. Logic being we have shat all to do as a defence as the majority of the game is played in the opposition half. I wonder what our record would be if you took opposition possession into account (in other words how many minutes opposition possession per goal) and even then it doesn't take into account where the ball is during that possession time

Doesn't mean we have the fourth best defence because only 3 teams let in less. It means we have the 4th best defensive record based on goals conceded - completely different. Logic being we have shat all to do as a defence as the majority of the game is played in the opposition half. I wonder what our record would be if you took opposition possession into account (in other words how many minutes opposition possession per goal) and even then it doesn't take into account where the ball is during that possession time
But that is part of the defensive method too, isn't it?

Hahaha this comment is gold.

What is the purpose of defending? To keep the ball out of your own net.

If you concede 0 goals all season and achieve that by 100% possession, you still have the best defence.

HaHa

Unlucky mate - the statos will ridicule it. Why believe your own eyes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.