Georgi Kinkladze

What the hell happened with Gio yesterday? Him and Dunne were given the big introduction, both came on the pitch, then came the interview with Dunne. Gio legged it, much to the bemusement of the staff looking after him who begged him just to stand with Dunne, and he wasn't having any of it - grabbed his coat and after being asked once more if he could stay for a few seconds more shook his head and legged it. At first I thought maybe he's getting emotional but it seems he just wanted to leave. Didn't he pull out of the last appearance they planned for him in City square?

Must be shy

What the hell happened with Gio yesterday? Him and Dunne were given the big introduction, both came on the pitch, then came the interview with Dunne. Gio legged it, much to the bemusement of the staff looking after him who begged him just to stand with Dunne, and he wasn't having any of it - grabbed his coat and after being asked once more if he could stay for a few seconds more shook his head and legged it. At first I thought maybe he's getting emotional but it seems he just wanted to leave. Didn't he pull out of the last appearance they planned for him in City square?
I think he was 'on a promise' with Jack74 and didn't want to miss out.

By the looks of him - headed for the complimentary pies and doughnuts....

There aren't many players who can bring tears to your eyes simply by the beauty of their football, but such was Georgi Kinkladze. We've seen some brilliant players at City, but for sheer wizardry on the ball none better than him. When you watch his highlights on the web page, in a team of average players he was a shining light to lovers of football everywhere.

Saw one of his first games for City, might have been his very first, at home to Tottenham I think. Early in the game he played a beautiful long pass that would have put players in on goal except that nobody else in the team saw what he was trying to do. Sort of summed up his time with City right there at the start, very good player in a bad side. That said, i don't think he was as good as Benarbia or even a few other talented playmakers I've seen in a sky blue shirt and I never warmed to him as much as to them, he seemed a bit of a mard arse at times.

I think he was on the beer - seen him go in a few hours before kick off and loads of people were waiting for a pic at city square and he pulled out at the last minute. They then got Dunne out of nowhere. Spotted him up in Corporate with Dickov sneaking in and out of their seats after KO, HT- looked a bit worse for wear...

Surprised @Jack74 isn't climbing down that post behind you! Haha!
Nice pic, mate.

Ha, thanks mate. Didn't think I'd ever feel particularly star struck meeting an ex-player, but Kinkladze was always special to me in a way I'm not sure current players are. That said I'd still probably go weak at the knees meeting Silva.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.