General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy it by spending it and helping the economy rather than saving it?

The sheer hypocrisy is fucking astounding on this thread.

you mis understand my post - I was pointing out that kind of behaviour could be encouraged by this policy - it reduces the rewards for hard work such as saving - bettering yourself and getting a bigger and better house ( something a lot in recent years have seen as their "pension " )

I see the Mail loves the new cuddly conservatism....

_96113184_5f669aff-869e-4acf-b227-99eeb9d486f9.jpg

"Unashamedly moral", putting the needs of "ordinary" working families first, a better deal for "mainstream" Britain.

It takes a special type of chutzpah to put the word "honest" next to a picture of May.

Who says words don't matter.

Yesterdays front page on the Mail was " Now you won't have to sell your home to pay for social care " - conveniently missing off the 2nd part of the policy " whilst you are alive"

This is mostly because of Brexit where even this hard left Labour have moved right although I am still unsure of exactly what they want to achieve. Labour voters have a dilemma on Brexit and that is whether to trust Corbyn to not relent on everything or they may have to take their vote elsewhere. May moving to the left is completely about appealing to those people who both want a strong Brexit response but whom also traditionally vote Labour.

She already stands to hoover up the vast majority of UKIP votes and if she can grab at least some appreciable percentage of Labour voters who are torn between trusting Corbyn then she stands to win big no matter what she does between now and June.

Labour are peddling the hope campaign and they are trying desperately to take things away from Brexit but it is the big issue of the day unfortunately and I imagine this election will be a very simple decision on who trusts who to do the best in the negotiations. The silent majority will unfortunately sway towards Brexit on their decision and on other issues the status quo will remain. I think to many such a huge change to this Labour lot will pose too great a risk with the added risk Brexit may pose in the near future.

No-one in the real world is going to vote on the basis of what might happen with Brexit. OK, before the literalists get going, not no-one, but not many.

Yesterdays front page on the Mail was " Now you won't have to sell your home to pay for social care " - conveniently missing off the 2nd part of the policy " whilst you are alive"

They're confident of victory, so they're piling on the policies they've always dreamt about, which in "normal times" would have been rejected, for fear of scaring the electorate. When the victory they are confident of achieving is handed to them, they will do this with a smile and so much more. These bastards will do an untold damage to those they don't give a shit about.

They're confident of victory, so they're piling on the policies they've always dreamt about, which in "normal times" would have been rejected, for fear of scaring the electorate. When the victory they are confident of achieving is handed to them, they will do this with a smile and so much more. These bastards will do an untold damage to those they don't give a shit about.

She's deliberately making sure that she doesn't win by a landslide. Playing it ultra safe by maintaining the lowest of profiles, ditching a few hostage to fortune policies. She'll probably end up with a 60 - 70 seat majority. Enough to push through her brexit legislation without having to worry about Dorries & Co. Enough to allow her to claim a personal mandate. Enough to keep Corbyn in his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.