Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else would have paid these prices for Mangala Otamendi and Stones
I can't think of any other club.

And you know that do you?
Portuguese clubs rip everone off,you can add £10m straight away for an English player,don't think Otters was too bad.
Who would of paid the Pogba fee,bar a desperate bunch?

Not your money mate so no need to worry. If we win the league next year you'll forget about it

This.
I don't see why anyone cares, we don't make the decisions or have to worry about how much money the club has. Just sit back and enjoy us signing some of the world's best players.

Watch this space...

Genuinely hope we don't spunk 120 on Mbappe, it sets a dangerous precedent.

He looks an absolutely fantastic prospect, potentially like a more athletic, faster Henry.

But he's played about 40 games as a professional. He's 18 years old. His strike rate is similar to Iheanacho.

If Rashford had been playing in France I'd suggest he'd have looked just as impressive.

Mbappe undoubtedly has the potential to develop in to the best player in the world. But 120 million is an awful lot to throw at potential. He's played one full season as a professional, he'll no doubt have a dip, he needs time to mature and develop. 120 million will load an enormous amount of pressure on his shoulders.

120 on Neymar I could understand. The finished article coming in to his peak. Probably the 3rd best player in the world right now, behind arguable the two best players ever to play the game. He's also a marketing one off. The most marketable athlete in the world according to Forbes.

But smashing the world transfer record by 30 million on an 18 year old (very talented kid) after one good season is too big a gamble for me.

Genuinely hope we don't spunk 120 on Mbappe, it sets a dangerous precedent.

He looks an absolutely fantastic prospect, potentially like a more athletic, faster Henry.

But he's played about 40 games as a professional. He's 18 years old. His strike rate is similar to Iheanacho.

If Rashford had been playing in France I'd suggest he'd have looked just as impressive.

Mbappe undoubtedly has the potential to develop in to the best player in the world. But 120 million is an awful lot to throw at potential. He's played one full season as a professional, he'll no doubt have a dip, he needs time to mature and develop. 120 million will load an enormous amount of pressure on his shoulders.

120 on Neymar I could understand. The finished article coming in to his peak. Probably the 3rd best player in the world right now, behind arguable the two best players ever to play the game. He's also a marketing one off. The most marketable athlete in the world according to Forbes.

But smashing the world transfer record by 30 million on an 18 year old (very talented kid) after one good season is too big a gamble for me.

Rashford is not on the same planet as Mbappe.

Rashford is not on the same planet as Mbappe.

It's too early to say, Mbappe has played one season. Iheanacho looked like a world beater last season, he's had a big drop off this season.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Rashford could have scored 18 league goals for the best team in the French league, the highest scorers in Europe, if he'd played a full season up front.

I'm not disputing Mbappe is a brilliant talent. I'm just saying 120 million after one excellent season for an 18 year old is a trifle risky and I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

It's too early to say, Mbappe has played one season. Iheanacho looked like a world beater last season, he's had a big drop off this season.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Rashford could have scored 18 league goals for the best team in the French league, the highest scorers in Europe, if he'd played a full season up front.

I'm not disputing Mbappe is a brilliant talent. I'm just saying 120 million after one excellent season for an 18 year old is a trifle risky and I think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Iheanacho hasn't had a drop off, he's just not in favour with Pep's thinking.

He'd still double Rashford's conversion rate.

Nobody is interested in Mbappe simply because he scores goals in France. They are interested in him because, like Jesus, he appears to be close to unstoppable vs pretty much anybody.

If the going rate for Pogba & Martial & Kyle Walker are set, then Mbappe's price is 100 mil plus.

It is what it is. Sané & Jesus are now that price plus, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.