Who's the greatest ?

I respect everyones opinion here as we all have our own unique way of seeing things, and greatest is not necessarily most likeable/most loyal/most dependable etc. Colin Bell was my greatest hero, and as someone posted earlier I always thought we would win when he played, but football is a lot more complicated now and while watching Silva ply his craft always makes me smile, I cant get away from Yaya at his best. I know that he has loads of baggage but we must surely judge on positives here and Yaya has been greatest provider of success this club has had, on his day he is as complete a footballer as you will see, that overused saying it was like watching men vs boys has never applied to anyone so often, and his goal repertoir is second to none. For me the greatest weve had.

Yeh I knew Yaya and KDB tend to get a lot of love from the casual and international fans, obvious really because their highlights look so impressive on smart phones and MOTD.

But I'm surprised by how many regular match going fans have voted for anyone except Silva or Bell.

Don't get me wrong, it seems Silva still has the most votes from match going fans, I just thought his majority over Yaya would be bigger.

I put Silva and Bell joint first. However, I think the answer to your question is "crucial goals and big moments". Yaya has had a few of those. IMO, though, Silva has performed more consistently in "excellent mode" than Yaya. That, plus his silken skills, win it for me. (Colin Bell needs no further explanation.)

I put Silva and Bell joint first. However, I think the answer to your question is "crucial goals and big moments". Yaya has had a few of those. IMO, though, Silva has performed more consistently in "excellent mode" than Yaya. That, plus his silken skills, win it for me. (Colin Bell needs no further explanation.)

I bow to your superior knowledge on Colin the King, mate. I wasn't fortunate enough to see him.

Growing up I didn't dream that City could ever win the league again, and following the stories about Bell from my dad and others, I never thought I would ever see a City player in his league.

For so many who saw Bell in his pomp to put Silva and Yaya in the same class makes me feel privileged to have seen them.

Its a tough question to answer and one that will divide generations.

Bell was a true legend but not a player I was alive to see so I cannot fairly judge him I just know as we all do how brilliant he was and well regarded he is by other club greats and players of that era.

Silva is without doubt my favourite because the grace and technique and vision he has is my kind of football. His ability to create space from nowhere is just unrivalled and he just makes us a much better team.

For me it is Silva.

Yaya has to be considered. His petulance off the pitch is part of his character and like it or not shapes the player he is.

Could Silva from nothing run forty yards and score or bang one in from thirty yards to win a game? Probably not. And thats why you have to consider Yaya as the greatest. Not many other centre midfielders had the all round game he has. He is the best centre midfielder the prem has ever seen if measured in all round ability. Not far off scholes for passing, as much drive as gerrard going forward with a goal return of lampard and all round calmness and strength on the ball of a ballack or carrick.

Its purely for grace that I personally pick Silva.

Despite all that Aguero is my favourite City player because he just scores goal after goal!

For me the greatest is Silva. Criminally underrated outside of city. The way we controls a game. We look lost without him in games.

I bow to your superior knowledge on Colin the King, mate. I wasn't fortunate enough to see him.

Growing up I didn't dream that City could ever win the league again, and following the stories about Bell from my dad and others, I never thought I would ever see a City player in his league.

For so many who saw Bell in his pomp to put Silva and Yaya in the same class makes me feel privileged to have seen them.

And I'm doubly lucky for starting out as a Blue in the early 1960s. At least the shite years were sandwiched between two golden eras.

Dunne Goater or Bell. They were top performers consistently when times were not so good. Yaya Sergio Vinny and Silva are brilliant players but how good would they have been playing with teams in the 80's and 90's
Of the modern day players I think only Zaba could have played in all decades

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.