England u20's - World Cup Winners.

cadds92

First match for England is today at 8.15am against Argentina.

Live on Eurosport.

It's a shame Roberts won't be going.
I'm also disappointed there are no City players involved.

Our best age group is with the U17's.

Not convinced we have anyone that great - bar Roberts - 18 or older.

Tosin maybe, but that's about it.

England two up and Argentina have had a man sent off for elbowing, following a video review.

Good to see technology being used and the correct decision made.

Just watched the game after recording it this morning.

How we won that game 3-0 is beyond me, especially after that first half where in regards to possession and shots faced we got battered yet went in at half time 1-0 up.

It does look like we are going try and Leicester our way through this tournament by defending deep and then hitting it long for Armstrong and Solanke to chase.

How far this style will take us I don't know, but I must admit it was quite a good feeling seeing an England team put in a decent and solid defensive display.

Just watched the game after recording it this morning.

How we won that game 3-0 is beyond me, especially after that first half where in regards to possession and shots faced we got battered yet went in at half time 1-0 up.

It does look like we are going try and Leicester our way through this tournament by defending deep and then hitting it long for Armstrong and Solanke to chase.

How far this style will take us I don't know, but I must admit it was quite a good feeling seeing an England team put in a decent and solid defensive display.

So the same English mentality since as long as I can remember, long ball.

So the same English mentality since as long as I can remember, long ball.

Pretty much.

I didn't quite understand why we played Armstrong, Solanke and Calvert-Lewin in the same side in a 4-4-2 when all are pretty much central strikers.

We were crying out for an extra man in midfield.

Overall I don't see that much quality in midfield in this team bar maybe Lewis Cook, but credit to the attackers today because from the little they saw of the ball compared to Argentina's lot they did the damage when it counted.

If we can Leicester our way through this tournament then so be it, but I will be surprised if we can get past the knockouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.