Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas isn't of worst choices in terms of squad cover but it is time to let him go back to Sevilla and finish off his career.

Thanks, bye.

Both Fabinho (fingers crossed) and Fernandinho can sub into that role, which may be obsolete anyway if we have the quality at the back to play 3 across. And, tbh, I hope we don't spend £40M on Walker and get a younger, high quality player with 10 yr potential.

£40M is "English player" money, so if we can squeeze enough English/Homegrown into the squad without him, I'd be quite happy to let him pass by.

Now, £20-25M? Much more interesting.

Last edited:
Thanks, bye.

Both Fabinho (fingers crossed) and Fernandinho can sub into that role, which may be obsolete anyway if we have the quality at the back to play 3 across. And, tbh, I hope we don't spend £40M on Walker and get a younger, high quality player with 10 yr potential.

£40M is "English player" money, so if we can squeeze enough English/Homegrown into the squad without him, I'd be quite happy to let him pass by.

Now, £20-25M? Much more interesting.

Walker is the best right back in the Prem with attributes that are perfect for a Pep team. I for one will be delighted if he signs for us, whatever the cost.

Would an okay player in a mid table team but he is no where close to being the level required for a side challenging for the title.

Can not understand why anyone would want him to stay, Fernandinho looks to be decent cover for right back.

Walker is the best right back in the Prem with attributes that are perfect for a Pep team. I for one will be delighted if he signs for us, whatever the cost.
Not saying he isn't a good quality player, but £40M??? And, is he the best (young) FB available at that price?

Regardless of my thoughts, I think he will be here next season. I just hope we don't continue to bend over to bring players in.

Not saying he isn't a good quality player, but £40M??? And, is he the best (young) FB available at that price?

Regardless of my thoughts, I think he will be here next season. I just hope we don't continue to bend over to bring players in.

It's extortionate but at least we know what we will be getting for the money. We have made far too many expensive gambles/mistakes in recent years.

I presume that was his last performance for us. Always seemed a wholehearted and genuine professional, so if that is it, then thanks for the memories (Spurs in the first minute especially) and good luck back home.

Whats the point from bringing him today ! I would rather give Brahim those minutes instead.

But anyway, thanks Navas for helping us win the Title with Pellegrini.

Navas%20PL%20title%20win%202014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.